Wanna see a bastardized X1/9???

eflexter

Eddie Flexter
Do a google Image search on the AC 3000ME. That sure looks like an X1/9 underneath, especially in the engine compartment.

I met a guy about 7 months ago who had a 75 that he was going to bastardize for one of these in a kit form using the X chassis. so I would not be surprised. Real shame.

no no no thats not bastardized. That car is kinda cool. If you wanna see bastardized search for the white X-wing X1/9 that is always FS on ebay.
(someone please enter the pic)

no no no thats not bastardized. That car is kinda cool. If you wanna see bastardized search for the white X-wing X1/9 that is always FS on ebay.
(someone please enter the pic)

You mean this thing?

fiat_x19_custom_01.jpg

Every time I see that monstrosity I cant help but ask myself "why?" I just cant wrap my head around it.. kinda like trying to imagine where space ends, just hurts your brain:mallet:

Eddie ..... no, no, no lad ....

The AC was a 3 liter 'Essex' Ford V6 powered two seater from the 70's. It was much larger and heavier than the X1/9 but had glass fiber panelling.
AC also produced the Cobra for Shelby who ripped them apart to carry out necessary modifications to turn them into the 289 and 427s.

Until recently they produced a licensed version in glassfiber called the CCS (I think).

Bastardization is usually applied to good products turned into manure by unskilled/unfeeling berks who, like the white abortion shown previously, ruin the original.:mad4:

The AC was a 3 liter 'Essex' Ford V6 powered two seater from the 70's. It was much larger and heavier than the X1/9 but had glass fiber panelling.
AC also produced the Cobra for Shelby who ripped them apart to carry out necessary modifications to turn them into the 289 and 427s.

Until recently they produced a licensed version in glassfiber called the CCS (I think).

Bastardization is usually applied to good products turned into manure by unskilled/unfeeling berks who, like the white abortion shown previously, ruin the original.:mad4:

Good point Potsy...

Heh heh, Pottsy.........!!

.......Bastardization is usually applied to good products turned into manure by unskilled/unfeeling berks who, like the white abortion shown previously, ruin the original.:mad4:.....

.........do ya remember the heap of dung that Ford UK called the Mk 4 Zephyr!! :dunce:

cheers, Ian - NZ

I might know you'd find a way of sticking a needle

in my privates Lawson! I learned to drive in a powder blue Zephyr 1700cc. Three-on-the-tree and handled like a pregnant hippo on weed. If such a dynamic faux pas could be termed 'handling'.
Whatever happened to full width bench seats Ian? Great for exercising your canoodling muscles.

One day I'll tell you about a trip from Manchester to the Senior Detective's Ball in Scarborough when twelve coppers (nine inside and three in the trunk) paid the petrol money to get them there in time for the ACCPO's (Assoc of Chief Constable Police Officers) address that night as they had crashed their two vehicles into each other ........ courtesy of Dad's Zephyr.:laugh::nuts::shh:

Do a google Image search on the AC 3000ME. That sure looks like an X1/9 underneath, especially in the engine compartment.
If you ever get a ride in a well set up one I suggest you wear diapers. Very cool car and pictures don't do it justice.

!

The AC Ace is an all-time classic, but this AC product is "all go and no show". I really thought this was a TR7 and an X1/9 fused together in some way.

But I guess the 80's were hard on all car makers. The era of the BEAN COUNTER.

The AC Ace is an all-time classic, but this AC product is "all go and no show". I really thought this was a TR7 and an X1/9 fused together in some way.

But I guess the 80's were hard on all car makers. The era of the BEAN COUNTER.
I was a passenger in a 3000ME at Road Atlanta in the 90s. It was gorgeous and had what I think was a Buick aluminum V8, maybe a V6. It ran like stink and handled very well, a real thrill and felt like an exotic that could really perform. If I had the money for a collection, a souped up one would be in my barn.

Talking of abortions,

on the way home from work today I passed a pink Mazda Miata. It didn't have any Mary Kay markings on it so I guess the owner really likes pink.

And I get accused of having no taste or "flair for the ambience".:headbang:
Mike

!

Nothing sends a message like a PINK MIATA. What exactly that message is depends on if you're male or female I guess.

It's really a drag too, because the Miata is one helluva fun car to drive. Just pick a more MANLY shade of red......

But my wife calls a Corvette a "penis-mobile". So you can't make everyone happy no matter what you drive.

But my wife calls a Corvette a "penis-mobile". So you can't make everyone happy no matter what you drive.

I've pointed this out to others before; if an overpriced, overpowered sports car is compensating for something (a Corvette) I guess an underpriced, underpowered sports car is compensating the other way, eh?:eek: Says something about us, no?

Back