Wanna see a bastardized X1/9???

Real men wear Pink

My nephew used to wear a t-shirt that said so. Me.. I am not so sure. :)
cbbd_1.jpg

You want the long and the short of it?

Maybe you are just average Tony. ;)

I must be - as much as I cook and clean around here! But that car doesn't have enough scratches, dings, dents or broken hardware to be MY girlfriend's car...

Every time I see that monstrosity I cant help but ask myself "why?" I just cant wrap my head around it.. kinda like trying to imagine where space ends, just hurts your brain:mallet:

Seems to me that someone made that thing in an attempt to answer your question. :wacko: :grin:

Didn't that lurid pink exxy .....

Belong to an erstwhile lady contributor whose screen tag was 'Pretty in Pink' from a few years back?

Fitch_Phoenix

I never saw this one before. Similar to the X.
http://www.intermeccanica.org/vehicles/phoenix/phoenix.htm

John Fitch’s second car was called the Fitch-Phoenix. It was based on the Chevrolet Corvair. It had a sensationally beautiful body built in Italy by Intermeccanica. A roll bar was built into the top. The rear window would open and close electrically. The roof panel was removable and stowable in the trunk. With the roof open, the car had a landau look. Bulges in the front fenders hid the two spare tires. (Front and rear tires were different sizes). The rear-mounted Corvair engine was modified to produce more power than normal. A top speed in excess of 130 mph was claimed. Only one prototype was built. When it was learned what government regulations had to be met for safety and emission standards, Fitch, unfortunately, decided against going any further. The prototype was actually the Fitch-Phoenix II. A standard Fitch-Phoenix had been planned, which would have had a stock Corvair motor. It would not have had front disc brakes and a few other features found on the Fitch-Phoenix II.

Lou Teresi
74 x1/9
87 x1/9

Saw another pink abortion today and I don't

even live anywhere near West Hollywood. It was a Firebird on the 91 freeway east as I was heading to the office. I realize I'm not expected to have good taste, but there should be limits to what color you paint a car.

Mike

I guess I'm the only one that would rock the chit outta the pink X? It'd have to lose the eye lashes though.

Back