Wanted: '80-82 EFI 1500 5 speed...

Wow. I'm gonna start counting how many times you have to (keep) saying a driving '80-'82. I'll bet it's a few more...

And I will keep my eyes open for you.
Hey, it is what it is. My car is out there... somewhere.

I'd love to have one. They are a mini slice of Italian exotica.

I'm a patient man, and I won't buy the wrong car, or the first one presented to me.

Wow. I'm gonna start counting how many times you have to (keep) saying a driving '80-'82. I'll bet it's a few more...

And I will keep my eyes open for you.

We're offering him very valid substitutes (which have all the reasons he wants an 80-82) but I think he really wants an 80-82. haha. :)

We're offering him very valid substitutes (which have all the reasons he wants an 80-82) but I think he really wants an 80-82. haha. :)
While I'm at it, I'm open to a Lamborghini Jalpa for the price of an X. Might as well get as far from the target as possible while we are intentionally missing.

Even better, a Ferrari 308, or Lancia Stratos.

I'm clearly on a forum for non-English speakers. That may help explain why so few people are able to understand my complicated request for a car. 😂

That's OK; I've tuned out to this debate of what would be OK for a guy that wants an 80-82.
He wants an 80-82.
Doesn't matter what other people's experiences are, or have been.
I've looked thru a window before too, until I decided to just go thru the door next to it.
Haven't looked back.

That's OK; I've tuned out to this debate of what would be OK for a guy that wants an 80-82.
He wants an 80-82.
Doesn't matter what other people's experiences are, or have been.
I've looked thru a window before too, until I decided to just go thru the door next to it.
Haven't looked back.
Thank you, Jefco. I think at this point it is people just being belligerent.

More likely it's that folks don't read the whole thread. They pop in at the very bottom with their thoughts without much awareness of what already was discussed. It happens in many many threads on many many topics. I am guilty of it myself.

While I'm at it, I'm open to a Lamborghini Jalpa for the price of an X. Might as well get as far from the target as possible while we are intentionally missing.

Even better, a Ferrari 308, or Lancia Stratos.

I'm clearly on a forum for non-English speakers. That may help explain why so few people are able to understand my complicated request for a car. 😂
WantAnX19, tu as quelque chose contre les non-English speakers? 🇲🇶 🤪

Not belligerent, in some cases poking fun and in others just trying to get across there is very little different and a fair amount of the different is an improvement. But no matter, nothing wrong with those years (80, 81, 82) either.

Funny one of my favorite features is a detail that I believe was on the 1979s only. It is the door panels with the circle for the window winder. An odd thing to like I suppose but the design is so directly related to the function I find it very attractive. Bobkats car features this and he enhanced it further with his interior work.

We all have things we prefer and then we all make changes which appeal to ourselves to make them even more our own. Which is all great.

So drive on with your quest sir.

Not belligerent, in some cases poking fun and in others just trying to get across there is very little different and a fair amount of the different is an improvement. But no matter, nothing wrong with those years (80, 81, 82) either.

Funny one of my favorite features is a detail that I believe was on the 1979s only. It is the door panels with the circle for the window winder. An odd thing to like I suppose but the design is so directly related to the function I find it very attractive. Bobkats car features this and he enhanced it further with his interior work.

We all have things we prefer and then we all make changes which appeal to ourselves to make them even more our own. Which is all great.

So drive on with your quest sir.
I also noticed that about the '79 door cards...this was echoed later in the interior of the EB110. Very subtle but clever style.

EB110 interior

In general, the advice here is to buy the best car you can. Minimal rust being the first thing in your choice and then general condition of the exterior and interior. For the most part any mechanical part can be dealt with pretty easily (if with a bit of pain) by anyone willing to learn. The mechanicals are the easy and inexpensive part of the car compared to a good paint job and finding perished plastic parts.

Honestly I was kidding around above, but before that we were all trying to help. Not every Bertone has spoilers, two tone paint, odd gauge fonts, or side moulding on the doors.

Honestly I was kidding around above, but before that we were all trying to help. Not every Bertone has spoilers, two tone paint, odd gauge fonts, or side moulding on the doors.
...or mandatory power windows (most Bertone cars).

I'd just assume avoid them, and all the extra items I don't want to reverse/uninstall on the car.

Bertone are cool, but a little loud for my taste.

...or mandatory power windows (most Bertone cars).

I'd just assume avoid them, and all the extra items I don't want to reverse/uninstall on the car.

Bertone are cool, but a little loud for my taste.

So that's what we're saying. If the Bertone is single color (they do exist) then depending on year outside of the power windows, everything else is identical or so minor that it may not matter. You've made clear it does. No problem with that at all.

That red 86 on BaT right now is a perfect example. Solid red, no two tone. Same dash, gauge cluster as 80-82 (even better due to the non-85 mph speedo), no body kits, wings, pin stripes, or door mouldings. The only thing left is the seat and door panel style (one of the minor things), the Bertone badges, and the power windows (and I also prefer manual in the X.) (and you may prefer having the big bumpers re-installed.)

Anyway, the dead horse here. But back when we were trying to help, that is all we meant.

Here is the BaT car. Obviously not my first choice in wheels. haha. https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1987-bertone-x-1-9-3/

Again, good luck with the search. I agree one will come up.

Last edited:
mandatory power windows (most Bertone cars)
There is a difference in power windows for the 85-88 cars; they avoid the cable system altogether, with the motor driving the window more directly. I think switches, motors, and wires are easier to maintain than cables and pulleys; the worst problems are worn switches and breaking off the mounting tabs for the motors by slamming the doors.

I personally appreciate the power windows as being rather short and not long of arm, they are much easier to roll the windows up or down for me on the fly. My 80 was a bit of a pain in that regard.

I personally appreciate the power windows as being rather short and not long of arm, they are much easier to roll the windows up or down for me on the fly. My 80 was a bit of a pain in that regard.
I can't help it. I love manual windows.

I just saw this posted...crossed my fingers and submitted an offer...

1981 X 1/9 silver over blue
It has power windows and air conditioning. So much for simplicity :p

But the next couple of months or so is the BEST time to shop for an exxie. They're like motorcycles in that regard....a lot of driver-cars on the market toward the end of the driving season. Best time to sell is spring, after a winter's worth of lipstick has been applied and buyers are eager.

Back