Wanted: Aluminum Radiator

Waterbury

True Classic
Looking for an aluminum radiator for my X. Figured I'd check here first before purchasing new.

Thanks - Cam

Have you considered a VW swap? Obviously not for those who are worried about stock vs not. But dang, it's cheap and very effective.
I have considered retrofitting something, not too worried about stock vs not. Easier/quicker to do something OEM though. Any good write ups or pics of a VW swap you know of?? I will dig through the forums now and try and find something. Thanks!

Edit: Found this thread

I have an aluminum radiator still brand new in the box that I'm not 100% sure I'm going to use. Let me go check it out at my shop space and I will report back here.

Any good write ups or pics of a VW swap you know of?? I will dig through the forums now and try and find something. Thanks!

Edit: Found this thread

Lots of info in this recent thread.

Those VW rads are like $50. Hard to beat that - and if you review the write ups on it there's evidence they have more cooling capacity than any of the options. ;)

Cam, I have one to spare. It's a Bob Grash Aluminum replica that was from his second batch.
If you want it, $350 plus shipping. The radiator is new in the box. PM me with ship details if interested.
-Bob

Hey all, an update. Managed to snag a MWB one for a great price locally. Thank you for offers though. - Cam

Last edited:
Back