What did you do to your X1/9 today ?

I've not found any phone holder that will stay put in the harsh climate here. It doesn't take long for the hot dry air and scorching surface temps to displace it. I bought a holder that actually mounts to the dash with screws that I'm tempted to try.

Found my slave cylinder was leaking last week. Ordered a replacement from MWB. Bench primed it as best I could. Installed and bled it. Re adjusted the clutch...Good to go! Beautiful day today, sunny and in the low 60's. Headed down the Jersey shore to visit my sister. I'm not a fan of droning down the highway for miles on end, (Especially when I have so many excellent roads near where I live) but I was so pleased with the way my car just purred down the Garden State Parkway. 70 to 80 MPH (3800 to 4200 rpms) for an hour each way, without skipping a beat. Car felt like it could it all day long! P.S. I'm knocking on my wooden desk, as I write this!

Found my slave cylinder was leaking last week. Ordered a replacement from MWB. Bench primed it as best I could. Installed and bled it. Re adjusted the clutch...Good to go! Beautiful day today, sunny and in the low 60's. Headed down the Jersey shore to visit my sister. I'm not a fan of droning down the highway for miles on end, (Especially when I have so many excellent roads near where I live) but I was so pleased with the way my car just purred down the Garden State Parkway. 70 to 80 MPH (3800 to 4200 rpms) for an hour each way, without skipping a beat. Car felt like it could it all day long! P.S. I'm knocking on my wooden desk, as I write this!
The X is a surprisingly good highway car. Stable going down the road, the engine is like a sewing machine smoothly spinning behind you. The tension of the gas pedal spring is just right to keep your foot and leg from numbing. I suppose cruise would be nice…

Are you going to Midwest’s open house this year?

I made a snowpile next to the 500 as I cleared the driveway - same height!
snowpile500.jpg

I took the tarps off! It’s been sitting on the side of house for a year after dragging it out of a field and handing over $50. The plan is to take a look at the 1300, but I do have a K20 hiding under the workbench (leftover from the previous aborted attempt). Can’t wait to get into it!
IMG_4325.jpeg

Glad you brought this up, I don't recall ever reading how this could be adjusted and the effect on its function. Was there a particular thread with this info?

Great information to keep in mind when my current builds finally go back together. Of course that is assuming two things: that they ever get back together, and that I remember - you're not the only old man here. :rolleyes:
So how old do you you have to be to be "Old"

Today, a bit of bodywork on the '74, preparing for new paint.
However this evening is about proper trolling...
View attachment 82757
I showed my wife that picture and told her next time we take the X for a ride we should dress correctly😂

On another note. I don’t spend much time on eBay anymore but the other night I got on there to see what X1/9 stuff I could find. I searched “X1/9” what popped up was shocking. Make sure you search “Fiat X1/9” eBay has really gone down hill. Sad

Received my award for "Best In show" for the 2023 St Louis European Auto Show. The show was last summer and I just got this in the mail today. Better late than never.
20240321_144645.jpg

There wasn't even "fiat" area. I was the only Fiat registered, so we were parked in "Other" with a Volvo P1800. Also orange. :)
20230611_125522.jpg

Pretty amazing when you consider the competition:

I showed my wife that picture and told her next time we take the X for a ride we should dress correctly😂

On another note. I don’t spend much time on eBay anymore but the other night I got on there to see what X1/9 stuff I could find. I searched “X1/9” what popped up was shocking. Make sure you search “Fiat X1/9” eBay has really gone down hill. Sad
Try your search with X1/9(-fits)

• Haha
Reactions: 86X
Received my award for "Best In show" for the 2023 St Louis European Auto Show. The show was last summer and I just got this in the mail today. Better late than never.
View attachment 82768

There wasn't even "fiat" area. I was the only Fiat registered, so we were parked in "Other" with a Volvo P1800. Also orange. :)
View attachment 82770

Pretty amazing when you consider the competition:
So not just best in the "other" category, but best overall in the whole show? Excellent! Almost seems like the award should be a little more sizeable for a BIS winner, not to mention it should have been given to you onsite rather than 9 months later. But still a very honorable prize. 🏆 Congratulations!

Back