What do you drive in winter if the X is in storage?

We dont need winter cars in Cali, we are still wearing shorts out side. My other driver, since my fiats are always apart for something, was a Alfa Romeo Milano Verde. Till it blew a head gasket one night, then it got scrapped. It was an awesome ride, so much fun. Now I just drive this truck around and to work til the car gets back on the road.
001-25.jpg

005-4.jpg

FORD BGV

I drive the BGV (Big Green Van) as my daily driver.

Lately I have renamed it from BGV to POV (Poor Old Van) because it has developed a few nagging issues. Still runs, but it is on my sh1t list these days. :)

No official winter driver..

Since my 86 X IS my daily driver 365. However when its down for whatever reason my backup is my 96 Jetta. Not much fun but quite reliable.

1991 Volvo 240 Sedan- I maintain just about the best rear wheel drive winter car- heated seats, good heater, pretty heavy, massive trunk for sandbagging, famed reliability, and cheap enough I don't care too much if it gets wrecked. I consider it the best and worst car I've owned; there's not much sophistication but its the easiest to work on of my cars.

What I pretty much drive all the time, X is still waiting for me to sand and paint it...
98 FZJ105R Toyota Landcruiser, keeps me cool in summer and warm in winter :)
IMAGE_013.jpg

Jeep Jeep

So sick of this F'n snow that...went down to the new Chrysler-FIAT 500 dealer and bought a 2011 JK with all the good stuff.

Sold the CJ7 Saturday and picking up the JK after the dealer prepping tamara :headbang:

By the way the sales guy was still very clueless as to when FIAT was actually going to be sold in the showroom. NOTHING of FIAT anywhere to be found...no construction etc..

I'll see if I can find the dealership GM and ask him...

DSC00194.jpg

We don't need winter drivers in Albuquerque.

But if you must ask about the daily driver for most of the cold months....

76_Bro.jpg

Obviously, I have a kind of broadband fun. This one belongs to the wife.

My 2c

here in Oz, winters are fairly mild so the X gets a decent run every now and then.

My daily driver is an RX8 GT Mazda reviewed here: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNnZAvC0WlA"]YouTube - Audi TT vs Ford Shelby GT vs Mazda RX-8 vs Nissan 350Z[/ame]

Daily drive in winter months:

460863957_huxVo-M.jpg

Although I have been known to borrow madams series 1 mx5, wear gloves and a beanie and race to work with the roof down in minus temps just for a laugh. It's actually more fun on the way home late at night. If you keep it above 90mph the cabin is strangely calm.

No winters here in Puerto Rico, but...

This is my other car. Not this particular one, but looks exactly like it. 2003 IS300. I drive the X and the IS just as much and love them both.
f_116157373-b8a24694.jpeg

Fractional,

How is the Lexus in the handling dept? I had a go in one and it was a bit wallowy. I'm guessing they aren't all like that?

ive been driving my 98 subaru outback, but im getting the itch to drive mine again, but i have a few things to do yet before the spring autocross season starts

attachment.php

best not risk it......

so, have been mainly using:
attachment.php

with the occasional:
attachment.php

word to the wise, r888s and snow do not mix......

Back