What to do about these shock surrounds

tdskip

True Classic
Pretty sure they are original, and now would seem to be the time to address them since the engine etc are coming out soon...

Rear;

rearshocksurround5-30-11.jpg

Front;

frontshocksurround5-30-11.jpg

Replace all four. Also,it looks like your strut tower has a crack in it. Probably should see if the "Bigfoot" reinforcement plates are currently available. C.Obert should have the strut mounts and they are very reasonably priced last I checked.

Replace all four. Also,it looks like your strut tower has a crack in it. Probably should see if the "Bigfoot" reinforcement plates are currently available. C.Obert should have the strut mounts and they are very reasonably priced last I checked.

Thanks guys. Will give Chris and ring and check out the doublers.

Matthew - I saw that crack as well but was in denial but now I have to deal with it. Can I just use my MIG and weld it back up?

I wouldn't just weld it up, it will then crack elsewhere or even alongside the weld. Old work hardened steel will tend to continue to crack.

The nice thing about the Doublers is they are made of stainless steel. The studs on the new strut mounts are longer to compensate for the added thickness of the plates.

Back