What to do with the roof? What has been done?

Lancia Stradale inspiration for the double bubble roof (they were removable) and the side scoops.

upload_2020-1-23_15-1-22.png
LS roof.jpg

While I like the double bubble panel on the 037, I am not a fan of how proud it sits on the stock Scorpion/Montecarlo. The 037 has a lot more body character with scoops, flares, sills, and bulges. So I am fabricating mine to follow the stock roofline. I don't think I'll be wearing any helmets in it...

maybe.

Going back to our discussion about a full width roof scoop/spoiler. I was reminded of a couple of other cars with one that actually aims the air downward (like a scoop) rather than up (like a wing):

031.jpg
https___hypebeast.com_image_2019_07_1972-bmw-3-0-csl-rm-sothebys-auction-002.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

Going back to our discussion about a full width roof scoop/spoiler. I was reminded of a couple of other cars with one that actually aims the air downward (like a scoop) rather than up (like a wing):

View attachment 28924 View attachment 28925 View attachment 28926

I think the purpose of the roof spoiler ( kind of like the stratos) are to direct air back down to cool or in these pic to the bigger wing at the back. I bet the little roof spoiler doubles the available air for the rear wings.

I think the purpose of the roof spoiler ( kind of like the stratos) are to direct air back down to cool or in these pic to the bigger wing at the back.
I completely agree. Naturally they both have the same effect, redirect the air downward. Based on old American station wagons, it should also help to keep the rear window cleaner. :p

I was looking at a different thread of some bumpers made of carbon fiber and wrapping gracefully around the front and rear of a red X. They were beautiful...and now I can’t find them. May have been posted on mirafiori. I was surfing there too. Sorry for the confusion.

I was looking at a different thread of some bumpers made of carbon fiber and wrapping gracefully around the front and rear of a red X. They were beautiful...and now I can’t find them. May have been posted on mirafiori. I was surfing there too. Sorry for the confusion.

I think this is what you were thinking. I really like these. It really makes me rethink the bumperetts I have underway.

index.php

I guess my brain is not what it used to be. Maybe good looks will compensate? Now that I think about it, I think I’m failing on both accounts. Thanks guys.

Where you live, just tell everyone you own a horse farm and the respect given you will be well earned.

Back