Working on X1/9's

HA!

You two are like Nitro and Glycerine. Oh what fun! Is the car still crapping out at the high end or is it that you have backed off causing a bit of a miss. Sure sounds GREAT and idles like it has one of those COMP "Thumper" CAMS. I'm also glad its his too... 'cause after about 15 minutes I'd be clawing to get out!

BTW, Does Bob have a lightened flywheel? It still sounds a bit sleepy but I can't "feel it" from where I sit. Thanks for posting!

HA!

You two are like Nitro and Glycerine. Oh what fun! Is the car still crapping out at the high end or is it that you have backed off causing a bit of a miss. Sure sounds GREAT and idles like it has one of those COMP "Thumper" CAMS. I'm also glad its his too... 'cause after about 15 minutes I'd be clawing to get out!

BTW, Does Bob have a lightened flywheel? It still sounds a bit sleepy but I can't "feel it" from where I sit. Thanks for posting!

Saturday we drove cars rather than worked on them, no I stand corrected. I tried to modify the tune on the Abarth engine with an Open Flash Tablet and found there are steps that must be taken and information that must be sent to the company I purchased the unit from to make it work. I am still playing with that, more to come when I get there.

Friday we drove my car into St.Catharines Sun Collision to hopefully peer through a window and see what cars were on display. As luck would have it the owner was there and offered me $100 for my Abarth X1/9, I declined his offer and followed Bob into this collectors display. I will start with some pictures and post more as it is getting late.

IMG_3808.JPG

IMG_3809.JPG

IMG_3810.JPG

IMG_3811.JPG

IMG_3812.JPG

IMG_3814.JPG

Saturday we drove cars rather than worked on them, no I stand corrected. I tried to modify the tune on the Abarth engine with an Open Flash Tablet and found there are steps that must be taken and information that must be sent to the company I purchased the unit from to make it work. I am still playing with that, more to come when I get there.

Friday we drove my car into St.Catharines Sun Collision to hopefully peer through a window and see what cars were on display. As luck would have it the owner was there and offered me $100 for my Abarth X1/9, I declined his offer and followed Bob into this collectors display. I will start with some pictures and post more as it is getting late.

View attachment 2881

View attachment 2884

View attachment 2886

View attachment 2888

View attachment 2891

View attachment 2892

Continuing on.

IMG_3815.JPG

IMG_3817.JPG

IMG_3818.JPG

IMG_3819.JPG

IMG_3820.JPG

That's a nice collection. I would like to drive a Multipla sometime.

Given my odds of actually getting the chance, I will have to take your word for it.

Great little museum! Some little gems in there for sure. Thanks for the pics.

Guys!

Thanks TK (and Bob) for sharing these wonderful photos... and man, what a collection!

Karl and Jim, I disagree somewhat about the Multipla... as driving one here in LA-LA-LAND at 55mph on the freeway would cause multiple traffic jams and wrecks. What a KICK!

I rode in the LF seat of the late model Multipla that Brett and Blake Melacon drove across the country on Route 66 (2009)...

DSCN0300.JPG

We're sitting 3 across front and rear with "no one" driving... people all around us were going nuts!

Here's a cartoon I found and I suggested to Chris Obert that the author must've been thinking about him... HA! He agreed!

C.Obert in Santa Cruz.jpg

I'm SURE the setting here was in Santa Cruz CA.

Back