Good find and good pic. Ricardo made these as well (I have them in an envelope somewhere) to level the handles.
How would you prep the cradles for painting? I sanded, by hand, the fractured paint away, It was half-there, half worn off, so it wasn’t easy to get to a level base. It’s still pretty dodgy in places though, as far as a uniform finish.
Coukd you submerge them in some solution to eat away what’s left?
Any thoughts on what to do next?
The ‘Green Machine Part 17‘ video was good explaining disassembly, except it forgot to mention the GIANT SPRING holding the lever‘s tension. Parts were flying. lol

Last edited:
Most things that would eat the paint will also eat the plastic. Surprised they were painted in the past.

Well, I wouldn’t say it’s my best work, but it’s way better than it was, and I got everything taken apart without breaking anything :) Lubed up the springs and moving parts, put a little on the pawl-ball so it may slip out easier next time when needed. It looked like the pin was epoxy’d into the pawl at either end. Is that necessary, or normal?

FB1017A8-89E1-45E1-BAFA-9E337BB51A00.jpeg

The replacement and original bumpers. Handle sits level with cradle edge now.

AE3832D2-B58D-46C4-932C-CD567B13AADC.jpeg

Needed a tiny drill bit to tap out the pin.

DA39729B-7D63-46E5-ADAB-3BA8C22C6024.jpeg

All the bits, cleaned, lubed and shiny

5539271B-820F-4343-ADF4-6E0498DD1D60.jpeg

E79BE150-D5BB-48A5-B079-61733FD43047.jpeg

Last edited:
I had replaced the whole handle when having issues with the handle. I replaced it by contacting a locksmith.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had replaced the whole handle when having issues with the handle. I replaced it by contacting a locksmith.
This looks like spam. User entered "from usa" as their location. Looks like they used a VPN in Arizona, but the origin IP was in India. I killed the "locksmith" link and will spam the user.

Back