your favorite car company?

this is a Fiat site?

Well apart from Fiat would have to be Lamborghini!
Started as 'up yours enzo' and then progressing to build some of the wildest craziest cars!!
Much more in common with a x'y than most of you may think!!

Paul

Thanks, Rey!

The first gen 'rocco was featured in the old "VW/Porsche" mag back in 10/89 in an article called "Pacific Blue", had been more or less converted to "Euro" standards, lowered, euro bumpers, zender skirts, bbs front lower chin, sway bars, euro H4 headlights (they shined at least a mile ahead on the high beams!) and I added Corrado seats, with leather MKII 'rocco seats in the back, loved that car immensely, it handled so good, I would say it carved the canyons in So. Cali as good if not better than my X (gasp!) lol I currently have the Van still, great family hauler! The G60 was my baby and the car I had owned the longest, I was devastated when I lost her, embarassingly it was like when I lost my beloved Boxer dog years ago, took me a while to get over it, that car and I went everywhere, from all the way up the western coast to Vancouver, Canada down to Rosarito, Baha California, Mexico (the fish tacos there ROCK)...ahh well, my ,88 BMW 7 series is a good replacement, nice and comfy for a go to work and back car. Cheers!

I remember buying my 83 GTI, all the scirocco guys wanted to race. That would have been a waste of time. Though it would be nice to find a first gen rabbit or scirocco today.

Well... Look what the cat dragged in...

Where ya been Rich??? And it took a VW to get you to pop up?

HA!

My son owned a '99 Jetta is tuned and lowered and it was not only hot looking, it performed well also.

But what are we talkin' about here???

HA!

Hope you and the family are well...

Hya Tony! Yep, it took a VW to get this guy to wake up lol

How the heck are ya? I've been so busy as of late, they say life is slower here in the south, but haven't seen it yet, (must still have California in me!)....with THAT being said, the wife hates it here, esp her job, and recently saw that her old position is available again in Perris, salaried position and all, looks like the ball is in motion to return to Cali, (OH and they will pay for relocation!)...the only trouble is finding a suitable house for us over there now, with a recent BK (due to the messy foreclosure we left there due to the bubble bursting a couple of years ago in the market), it'll be difficult unless anyone knows of a decent house with a lease purchase option on it. ANYWAYS, hopefully before the end of summer, we'll be back. *whew* lotta typing here, good to hear from ya, I get to read the posts from my iphone but its a pain to post, finally on me home PC right now.

It'll be great to have you back...

And with home sales the way they are... you'll probably be able to find a place with litle trouble... especially with the company behind ya. Have them do the relocation stuff...

Looking forward to seeing ya... I believe its YOUR TURN to buy lunch too!

HA!

Depends on the year range, honestly.

For new vehicles, I'm a Ford man. I love their trucks and have owned several over the years. I also love the new Mustangs.

Older, Chevrolet. My first vehicle was a 1968 Chevy c-10 stepside, short wheel base with a 327 and a 2 speed powerglide. I still own this truck, though she is stil at my moms place back in Arkansas on blocks and needing a complete restoration.

for imports, Subaru and VW's. Love the Outback wagons and the "Thunder Bunny's" other wise known as the Rabbit GTI.

My first car was an X1/9, I grew up around them among other cars. My father owned a garage so I got to see all kinds of stuff. VW is still one of my favorites, at 25 years old i've owned 24 cars. Of those, 18 of them were VW's...Jettas, Gti's, 16V Sciroccos, 2 Audi 90 Quattros (a coupe and a 4 door).

I used to work for an exotic car dealer so I actually cut my driving teeth on Vipers, Corvettes, Lamborghinis, Ferraris etc. So anything fast I can certainly appreciate. But I have a soft spot for interesting cars...classic Italian, American muscle, German innovation...

Personally I think the "coolest" cars i've ever seen, all hailed from about 1960 to 1995...I mean yes, there are plenty of other cars out there today that are more of the same. I just see that as an era of cars that were just cool.

But if I had to cut it down to a few, I'd say an X1/9 is by far the cheapest way to to put a grin on my face while behind the wheel. American muscle, nothing really beats a Mustang Mach 1, or a 440 Six Pack Roadrunner. Sheer insanity, i'd give to Lamborghini, I love Ferraris but nothing sets your heart and mind to 10 like rowing through slotted gears in a 12 cylinder Lamborghini. Nor does anything compare to the drama when you open the door.

Few shots of past loves...including a Jeep TJ which was just tough as nails. The picture of it was taken 10 minutes before we took it off a jump!

1978 Fiat X1/9 (acquired when I was 12)

1987 VW Scirocco 16V (1 of 4 that i've owned, recently sold)

1990 VW Gti

1989 VW Jetta

1990 Audi Coupe Quattro

1993 Audi 90 Quattro, 4 snows & 4x100w Hella Fogs...this car decimated snow.

2002 Jeep TJ

HA... thanks for posting... but...

I guess you pick up where I left off...

I think the coolest cars were from about 1903 to 1960...

HAHAHA!

My first was a '56 Chevy 210 Coupe... 265 V8 and a 'Glide. I started at about 11 changing out a clutch on an enclosed drive on a '46 Chevy P/U... then taught myself to drive it. Whilst abut 18 I started my first ground-up Hot Rod in the likes of a '23T Bucket and moved on to a 340 Duster NEW in 1970.

I'm 61 and probably have only owned 20 cars in my life... I tend to hold on to them a bit... Except for buying my wife a new "appliance" now and then, I don't plan on buying any more NEW cars ever again.

I believe we are BOTH enjoying ourselves though... HAHAHA!

Back