What did you do to your X1/9 today ?

Well I got the hood and lights installed , removed rad clean and paint in there ,

Attachments

• 385C8685-0B5B-4674-8E2E-30A8AB2F315D.jpeg
    385C8685-0B5B-4674-8E2E-30A8AB2F315D.jpeg
    236.6 KB · Views: 110
  • AEA4BD27-EAAE-4666-91E0-DA9E22A2D372.jpeg
    AEA4BD27-EAAE-4666-91E0-DA9E22A2D372.jpeg
    212.3 KB · Views: 111
Thanks. I saw an X yesterday in code 879, Fiat light blue and the shade looked very similar (but had no pearl)
I've noticed something interesting about that color. Often paints tend to look lighter as they oxidize with age. But the original Fiat light blue color tends to appear darker as that happens, particularly when it hasn't been well cared for over its lifetime (like mine). When I see places where the paint was hidden from exposure I'm amazed at how different it looks compared to the rest of the car.

Anyone looking for a project LOL ,

Attachments

• 889D32FB-2554-4911-8C51-0BC51CBC670E.jpeg
    889D32FB-2554-4911-8C51-0BC51CBC670E.jpeg
    623.3 KB · Views: 111
  • DECD5647-F7F6-409D-93F7-6804B68F6BCD.jpeg
    DECD5647-F7F6-409D-93F7-6804B68F6BCD.jpeg
    573.5 KB · Views: 119
I've always admired you guys that can do clean brush work like you did on the "X1/9" emblem. I'm not skilled at such detailed artistic things, I'm more of a metal fabricator.
Installed emblem on trunk and painted the x19 emblem
I'm impressed you did this the right way. I painted mine all black, and then put an acetone soaked rag over a wood block and cleaned off the wording.

Installed emblem on trunk and painted the x19 emblem
The x1/9 emblem looks great tony. 👍

My 85 doesn't have a trunk emblem, but I refinished the "Bertone" in the side vents with a "paint stick". I used these sticks to fill engraved/embossed areas on golf clubs when I used to build sets for friends. Basically rub it in and wipe off the excess, then let it cure. That was a couple years ago and it still looks good.
IMG_1832.JPG

The x1/9 emblem looks great tony. 👍

My 85 doesn't have a trunk emblem, but I refinished the "Bertone" in the side vents with a "paint stick". I used these sticks to fill engraved/embossed areas on golf clubs when I used to build sets for friends. Basically rub it in and wipe off the excess, then let it cure. That was a couple years ago and it still looks good.
View attachment 53703
Emblem looks great ,your interior looks very nice also

Swapping instrument lights for white LEDs today.
It's nice to see lit instruments :)

So - looking at the back of the cluster panel, it's pretty difficult to tell which sides of the insert holes are positive and which are ground - necessary for LEDs... Some have a common ground, so those are easy to tell.

Has anyone made a drawing of this? Mine is a 75.

Thanks.

I think I figured out common grounds - I can actually see indicators now. I've ordered some T10 LED's to replace the larger bulbs. That'll be nice.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I can do nothing more than think about it at the moment. I'm up at school, and it's back at home under a car cover. I wish it was away from the gulf of Mexico for rust reasons but I just haven't been able to get it up here yet.

I have been thinking though- I need to get my original transmission rebuilt, as my replacement doesn't seem long for this world...at least not in complete working order.

It seems the gearboxes for these cars, much like they are for the 500 Abarth, are the weak link. Do any transmission (not engine) swaps exist for these cars? I assume the FIRE engine transmissions don't bolt up...that would be too easy.

EDIT: I have not been keeping track with new threads lately. Ignore this as I just found a thread asking this exact question from just a few days ago.

Back