1872cc Stroker Crankshaft

Gtturbo

True Classic
Hi guys, I am offering this crankshaft to who ever may want one for a 1.9(1.872cc) x19 stroker conversion.

I have already sold one to a member on here and a few to others outside of this forum. I will get some pictures up of these crankshafts in a few days

I would like £375 posted to almost any country worldwide plus £12.50 to cover the item for the full cost.

I can also get the journals polished before sending them for an additional cost.

If paying via paypal 5% additional for the fees or as gift. I will also accept bank transfer.

Standard conrods will work however you will need custom pistons for this conversion which I can also provide if needed.

If anyone is interested please PM me. Thanks.

Thanks for the interest guys. I can also supply the block ready for instalation with the crankshaft, pistons, bearings and con rods (can also get a hg if wanted with this) If anyone prefers this get in touch. It will only be 1 or 2 as the fiat sporting 1.6 block is quite hard to find.

Everytime I read something about this 1.9 stroker I come away convinced I'm missing something in the big picture.

Does this fit in the standard 1.5 block like we can find here in the USA?

Or does it REQUIRE a different block such as the 'hard to find' Fiat Sporting 1.6 block?

I was under the impression this 'big block' 1.9 sized configuration required using a block that had a taller deck height and was never exported to the USA.

The best that I could get was from Rachael, she said this of the so-called stroker crank "The 78.4 mm crank is from the Stilo 1.6, Engine code 182.B6.000 "

No one has said for sure that the above crank fits into the X1/9 138AS engine.

She did say that the Stilo 16v head would not fit on a X engine, but that the Stilo 8v head would fit on X1/9 block as long as its a native 14-headbolt block.

I did a little searching on eBay. Apparently FIAT breakers (aka FIAT junkyards) sell entire Stilo 1.6 engines for £199. Maybe what's happening is people are buying used engines at a breakers yard for £199, disassembling, then selling the used cranks to rube Yanks for twice the price of the entire engine, then cleaning up by parting the rest of the engine to local punters.

Hell, that's what I would do!:devil:

Also, GTTurbo has yet to comply with the house rules for FS&W: "When posting items for sale, you must include the following information; description, model year application, price, location, contact info. Images are helpful."

Truth be told Dan that's right. But I'm not charging 3 times the amount. I'm travelling to pick up the parts or the engines and also it takes up my time to rip the engined apart. I get the crankshafts/engines for 150-200 sometimes even more. Postage to USA/australia is about 80-100£. So that's about 300£ already. I'm delivering them for 375£ I'm only charging between 50-70£ to supply the parts mate. Sometimes I don't even make any money on these crankshafts as well.

Also when I'm buying these engines and crankshafts I'm making sure its the correct ones as you can order one from eBay or another website and receive the wrong crankshaft (which has already happened to me).

There are two types of crankshaft with the same engine code. I'm also making sure that the crankshafts are not worn or damaged in anyway. If they are then I won't bother sending them out. I've given the buyers two options if this happens, a refund or I can order another one in.

So there you have it :)

At mx5rush

I'm only saying the 1.6 sporting block as I can't get a hold of a x19 1500 block here in the uk it's very rare. Otherwise it works with the 1500 block ..

Anymore questions please ask.

Dan I will adjust the thread to comply with the rules tonight when I get home. At work at the moment.

Last edited:
I did a little searching on eBay. Apparently FIAT breakers (aka FIAT junkyards) sell entire Stilo 1.6 engines for £199. Maybe what's happening is people are buying used engines at a breakers yard for £199, disassembling, then selling the used cranks to rube Yanks for twice the price of the entire engine, then cleaning up by parting the rest of the engine to local punters.

Hell, that's what I would do!:devil:

and that's fine by me!!! To me if someone is willing to dig around and score some of this near 'unobtanium' for us sitting over here, I have no problem with them making some profit! I generally try to buy my miata/mx5 spares from guys I trust on ebay who go through the hassle of buying up wrecked cars and parting them out. I've bought transmissions, differentials, a new AC system, and more from guys going out and doing the grunt work I'm too lazy to! and I know my fave sellers will replace wrong parts asap without a hassle.

I'd feel better buying from a XwebForum 'member' who has a reputation to uphold to gain further sales, than risk buying it from a junk yard who may or may not send his best stuff to someone who has limited forum to vent. It's sort of like buying a showdog from a breeder on the other side of the country! Are you getting pick of the litter you paid for, or not?

"and that's fine by me!!!"

Me too! I have already posted in these pages that I would love for some enterprising people in countries where FIAT has/had a major presence to look at what they have that we in the States might want.

This case/thread is a perfect example. I'd LOVE to have the option to buy a stroker crank only, or a kit (say crank, con rods, and pistons), that is guaranteed for quality and guaranteed to fit my USA engine. We can quibble over price, but price is only one component of value. Knowing it's condition (oily core, used but professionally tested, professionally remanufacturerd, or brand new FIAT OEM) is what determines value. And knowing the seller also figures into the value.

In that way I have been a little disappointed in our regular vendors....not telling them how to run their businesses in these tough times, but I think something like this is an opportunity that so far has been passed up. I would think cultivating an international source for performance parts would be profitable, but again, that's just speculation. Maybe they've tried and it didn't work?

My advice to Gtturbo is to lay it all out on the table, that's the best way to build trust. Not saying anything is being hidden, just saying the typical member of this forum is used to, and responds much better to, an approach that heaps the info by the shovelful rather than one that spoonfeeds.

"There are two types of crankshaft with the same engine code."

Is it a case of fitment, or a case of materials (say cast crank for the normal performance engine and forged steel for the high performance), or something else entirely?

No, it's a case of one of them doesn't work as the stroke is 67.4mm and one of them does as it's 78.4.. You need to get the right one otherwise your moneys gone down the drain. I've always got a spare 78.4mm and 67.4mm crankshaft which I compare the ones I reciveve or rip of an engine as they look very similar but one is just abit taller, if that makes sense :)

Hello!

There are really two different cranks. I made now 2 x 1/9 engines for friends in hungary and sweden. There are a lot more modifications necessary with the 1.5l block.

The 2 engines are N/A not Turbo! Both are arround 170hp!

I buy now only new cranks, abit more expensive, but i know now what i buy!

With a good N/A Head 200hp are possible!

regards
Keule

No, it's a case of one of them doesn't work as the stroke is 67.4mm and one of them does as it's 78.4.. You need to get the right one otherwise your moneys gone down the drain. I've always got a spare 78.4mm and 67.4mm crankshaft which I compare the ones I reciveve or rip of an engine as they look very similar but one is just abit taller, if that makes sense :)

Wouldn't the difference in stroke show up in the rated displacement of the engine, as the shorter stroke crank would yield less displacement as compared to the longer stroke crank (assuming of course identical bore size)?

Yes ofcourse. For the 1872cc you want the 78.4mm crank with a 87mm bore. The 67.4 will just give you the same cc as a 1.4 Punto gt with a 81mm bore or a 1.6 fiat sporting/Tipo/tempra with the 87mm bore.

There are a lot of b6000 engines, but Fiat installed sometimes all what they have in stock! Long time ago, as i bought also used parts i get minimum 5 engines with the right engine code for the stroker crank, but sadly 3+ of them with 67,4mm crank!

Next point, for stroker applications on x 1/9 engines 86,50 is the highest i would go for!

I wish i have had look here before, because i was located in Festus Mo. some weeks before to deliver a tranny for a friend!

"There are a lot of b6000 engines, but Fiat installed sometimes all what they have in stock! Long time ago, as i bought also used parts i get minimum 5 engines with the right engine code for the stroker crank, but sadly 3+ of them with 67,4mm crank! "

I find it hard to believe that FIAT would install the wrong crank in an engine and install that engine in a new car, misrepresenting the advertised displacement by 224cc and risking the backlash from such a deception.

The more plausible explanation is that if you did find used 182.B6.000 engines with the 67.4mm crank, the proper crank was removed from the engine at some point and the lesser crank was put in its place. Not surprising if the 78.4mm crank is a sought after item with a hefty price premium.

According to the chart on the Wiki page for FIAT SOHC engines, the 176.B6.000 engine is the same bore as the 182.B6.000 engine, the difference being the stroke: 176.B6.000 having 67.4mm and this displacing 1372cc, while the 182.B6.000 has the longer 78.4mm stroke and thus displaces 1596.

Last edited:
Its ok that you know it better! I can show you 3 engines with the engine code b6000 from 1.6 16v with 87mm boresize!!

Back