1872cc Stroker Crankshaft

In that way I have been a little disappointed in our regular vendors....not telling them how to run their businesses in these tough times, but I think something like this is an opportunity that so far has been passed up. I would think cultivating an international source for performance parts would be profitable, but again, that's just speculation. Maybe they've tried and it didn't work?

My advice to Gtturbo is to lay it all out on the table, that's the best way to build trust. Not saying anything is being hidden, just saying the typical member of this forum is used to, and responds much better to, an approach that heaps the info by the shovelful rather than one that spoonfeeds.

Actually I have had several performance "kits' offered for some time now... at what I think is a reasonable price for what is being offered, and NOT ONE SERIOUS ENQUIRY for a complete kit since November last year.

And as far as "an approach that heaps the info by the shovelful rather than one that spoonfeeds" is exactly how I approach this... pretty obviously...and that certainly doesn't seem like it makes one iota of difference to my sales...

The plethora of performance aftermarket parts that are now available hasn't been spawned by demand from the USA... more so from yugoslavia, croatia , serbia, and greece... where one make race series in Yugo's has kept demand and supply strong...and for every person that considers repowering their X19 with anything non Fiat, it just isn't helping these parts get developed and bought to market... think about that when you consider that K20 swap.

Bottom line, 78.4mm crank does not fit into the stock 138 / 128 style cylinder block... and can't really be made to fit either. Use of the 78.4 crank requires the use of a late model sohc open deck cylinder block which is what I've been saying all along.

SteveC

Last edited:
Back