1872cc Stroker Crankshaft

You can go on N/A to 88,5mm. Then you have cc.

This tread started with the 78,4mm crankshaft. With this crank you have you have 1872cc. Don´t forget, 5mm less stroke!

88.5mm Pistons + 73.4mm Crank = 1806 cc then add the combustion chambers, what is the stock Chamber size for the 1500?

I'd like to know what to expect in terms of performance and reliability from this.

Thank you.

73.4mm Crank & 87mm Pistons = 1747cc
73.4mm crank & 88.5mm Piston = 1806cc

Now, does everyone agree or can more than one person confirm that the 88.5mm pistons can fit our USDM 1500cc block?

the standard piston size is 86.4mm, 2.1mm is quite an overbore!!

mate, the piston is round, so its 2.1mm/2 = 1,05mm to every ""side"" overbore. With N/A no problem! As Turbo no way!!

kmarcm,

At 88.5mm the bore would be getting pretty thin in the walls... I've seen these engines out to 88mm, but this requires a special head gasket (at least) as the standard gaskets max out at 87.2ish inside the fire ring.

and as for stock rods... your piston will be running out of room for the ring pack.

63.9mm stroke (1500), uses a conrod that's 128.5mm long, and to get the piston to zero deck is approx 35.0mm compression height (+-0.1mm) ... take away half the diameter of the gudgeon pin (11mm), and the remaining 24.0mm is what you have left to squeeze three rings and ring lands into.

If you stroke the engine by 9.6mm to 73.4mm, your going to push the piston 4.8mm further up the block, thus requiring a piston with just 19.2mm to squeeze the ring pack into, minimum you would need is very skinny rings, I doubt the stock ones would fit in this space (reliably)

have a quick read of this...

http://www.turbo124.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7402

personally I think the 1600cc option hits the sweet spot in terms of rod ratio and bore/stroke ratio

Keule, Whats the 73.4mm stroke crank from???

SteveC

Last edited:
That can be only custom order crank but is not problem with pistons 30mm comp.height to installed all in block ( 73,5-63,9=9,6 9,6:2=4,8mm shorter pistons ....

Hello!

What yugoracing said is the correct way. This is how i would like to try it new. Hopefully someone said he is willng to support this. It cost a lot ....:help:

Short pistons on bikes

Short pistons are common on dirtbikes. Get a lot of slap but rev like hail.
2013-Honda-CRF450R-Piston.jpg

Bob

Hello!

Longtime no informations from me!

Strokerkit for 1.5l engine ready.

74,4mm crank, forged rods and pistons are ready!

3490usd shipped !

P&P for 1.5l engines. Only some small grinding necessary, like the 1.9l on Tipo engine!

Deliverytime 4 weeks ......

Good stuff ! I take it you've done lots of homework to get this done. Will be nice to see the results.

So which cc will this give you.

Back