2 x's being parted out on CL

Gents
I too left a message for the guy and emailed him. I'd love to get that stainless steel overflow bottle, cap and bracket. If you go I'd gladly pay to have someone remove it and ship it down to SoCal. Wish I was up there to help "repurpose" the cars! I was just up in Monterey a few weeks ago...
Thanks, Scott

Since Chris Obert is in that area, he might look at the cars and buy them if they are not too expensive also. Seems that might be a good investment if you have the space to store them.

I like ordering through his operator, she always is friendly on the phone.

******* Long story behind those two... At one time I was going to make one from two for a past (and probably his name is still on the paperwork) owner.
Either would be great for someone who wanted to fuel inject a carbureted car.
Space to store them is a problem as I don't have it. And even though the potential for profit from all of the parts is high, I don't have the time to do that.

Amy is great, we get complements about her service all of the time. I look forward to her maternity leave ending so she can get back into the warehouse & I can get caught up on all of the stuff I normally do.

Chris Obert

Has anyone heard back yet?

I'm hesitant to leave another message and be an annoyance.

And thanks Larry! I would love a lid in which only plug-n-paint is needed. Both of your offers are gracious. Any chance at pics?

I just got back from the bone-yard in Newark and met a new friend Andreas (sp)? who has a 74 and an 86. Gave him my card and can't wait to partake in activities up here.

Yes, I'm in Emeryville at least through July, possibly longer depending on my contract for work.

No problem. I have lots of freebie stuff. I believe SoCalX19 is in Emeryville so maybe equal distance to each of us.

Still have a fair amount of FI stuff sitting in boxes, cowl grilles, etc.

Kick Off?

Is it a go, or did the seller not respond and the picking is aborted?

If the picking did not happen then I wonder if the seller is putting out feelers or is not serious in getting rid of the cars.

It did not happen....still no reply from seller

Tim - thanks very much again for the trunk lid offer....Larry and I were able to meet today and determined mine is just fine.

I sent the seller a wish list as to help him understand the total number of parts to be picked. Maybe he's on vacation or a die hard Football fan and didn't want to upset his weekend of pizza and kickoffs.

Either way, no reply.

To me it seems he would want them gone as he noted they were left from his previous roommate; he may not have the ability to transfer title and wants to recoup any funds his previous roomie left unpaid? (pure speculation).

If he calls or writes, I'll alert ya'll, also if he calls or writes any of ya'll please let me know- thanks.

Just to see if anybody has what I need, here's my wish list;

· Front bumper plastic piece (it's the top plastic piece that spans the entire width of the front bumper)

· Battery cover hold down thumb screw (need only one)

· Front trunk carpet (if in good shape; no holes or rips)

- The rigid weather stripping that goes on the opening for the headlight bay (just need one side)

· Grills found under windshield (both sides)

· Top (the black removable top of the driving cockpit)

· Dash clock

· Window switches

· Seat belt shoulder harness (both sides)

· Side badges (the black w/chromeish 'bertone' on both sides of the rear drivers cockpit)

· Connection piece for the 'injector fan' - it's the black fan found in the rear trunk (drivers side). Just need the connection piece between the fan and the back conduit. Along with crimps and bolts.

Basically that's all I need.

Lastly, though I may not have mentioned this clearly.

I have a 1979X that has/is being used as a donner car, it's engine/tranny is in good shape, most parts are still available ; though some will be in reserve until I get my car done.

It's available for anyone to stop by and get what you need. I'm not charging anything for anything - I would really like to get some help confirming my engine is wired correctly.

Yup, I need some help, so any help would be great!

Cheers,
Larry

Larry

I have cowl grills and side grills and the FI fan parts and of course my help to wire the engine bay

If you have the trani from your car I am interested in it.

Thanks

Parts ideas

Larry,

If you can't get OEM tumb crews for the battery holder, you might want to try wing nuts from the hardware store. They might work though not OEM.

On the clock, there was a post some time ago where one of our fellow members converted a standerd digital wrist watch into a dash clock. You should be able to find an OEM clock from this site or Ebay.

On your donor car, do you have the short speedo cable? I am in need of replacing mine. My speedo needle jumps like crazy fro, 0-10 mph then level off.

The seller of the parts cars, just contacted me.

Noting he works some rather odd and long hours and will grab photos of the parts I noted and get back with me during the week.

So for those of you outside of the bay area and can't make the pick-and-pull party, please send me an email (latigid1*comcast.net) and I'll prepare a complete list for removal. If when you note the items please also note the amount you are willing to pay. This way if he's charging more than your willing, I'll simply pass on that part.

Cheers,
Larry

Tim,

I would really enjoy having your experience in confirming my engine is wired correctly. Not sure if this is a valid concern, but, I've been rather timid in turning the engine on as the monkey that put everything together connected the wires to the nearest terminal. I've found most (if not all) things re-assembled incorrectly or simply missing nuts, bolts and wires. I've been envisioning trying to turn the engine on could blow the CPU or relays.

Let me know any time you have available and we'll make it a pizza party!

Re: the Tranny, it's yours. The only caveat will be I'd hate to make a big mess in the driveway. Can the tranny be pulled without making a big mess? Wife is already being patient about her baby being kicked out of the garage; I'd hate to push her too far with a puddle of gunk on the driveway :) What about taking the engine too? The engine works fine; the previous owner did some work on it. If not you, maybe someone else here could us it.

Also, just figured out today that the donor car has new (as in brand new) struts with some rather nicely done red springs; if anyone wants the struts they are yours to take, but I'd like some help by way of spring tightners/press so I can get the springs transferred to my project car.

As for the Cowl Grills, Side Grills, and FI fan parts. YEA! Would enjoy getting them from you; let me know where and when.

Syata (don't know your given name, just your handle),

Re: the short speedo cable, sorry the donor car did not come with one. Sorry.

Lastly, the donor car has some rather impressive surviving white seats. They will be made available to anyone who wants them once my interior is completed.

Cheers,
Larry

Short speedo cable

I may have that and won't be needing it since I have a one-piece on the way. I'll confirm and get with you.

Glad the seller finally responded.

I'd like a spare tire cover, black, but now that I think about it, a brown one could be painted black...unless someone else out there needs a brown one. I'll pay up to $25

Tim,
The only caveat will be I'd hate to make a big mess in the driveway. Can the tranny be pulled without making a big mess? Wife is already being patient about her baby being kicked out of the garage; I'd hate to push her too far with a puddle of gunk on the driveway :)

No problem with a five-speed - everything just unbolts.
(A four-speed you have to drain the transmission oil first, and spills requiring application of kitty litter have been known to happen)

Give me a call Larry...

We an work out the details but I can help with just about everything you need including springs, struts.

IF you plan to get rid of the engine, then we can drop them out together. Otherwise, its not all that hard to remove just the trani.

Remove the axle(s), engine-to-tranni bolts and lower cross member, speedo cable, lower ground strap...I might be forgetting something ;)

Changed #'s since last we spoke so new # 650 863 2868.

This coming weekend maybe?

Seats?

Larry,

I might be interested in the seats for my '79... the ones I have are starting to fall apart, although I'm not quite sure how well white will go with the orange/tan interior.

Larry
'79 X1/9
'86 X1/9

Larry,

Great name! Bet you're good looking too!

The seats are in rather nice condition, though I've not really sat in them. I'll take a closer look at them, clean a section, grab a photo or two and post them.

Maybe that'll give you a better idea if you want them or not.

As for white and orange - you can say you did it to look like a 50/50 Creamsicle ice cream bar :)

Cheers,
Larry

Here's some photos of the seats.

From a 79X - not sure if they are factory as the door cards and back are brown.

Not sure if leather or pleather. If anyone has a good way of telling, please let me know.

No tears or rips that I can see and the stitching is holding.

Drivers seat
P1162371.jpg

Drivers seat - cleaned the door side - hard to see where I cleaned but trust me they are dirty.

P1162370.jpg

Passenger side

P1162372.jpg

P1162373.jpg

Cheers,
Larry

Seats....

Hi Larry,

I agree - it is a great name. I'll bet you're pretty good looking too. :)

Thanks for the pics of the seats. They look pretty spiffy and the idea of the Creamsicle ice-cream bar is kind of tempting too - they're in much better shape than what I have now.

Depending on when the pick-n-pull party is, I might be able to help out too.

I know Bob Brown asked for the seats also. Can I think about it for a day or so and then let you know?

Larry

Larry,

Great name! Bet you're good looking too!

The seats are in rather nice condition, though I've not really sat in them. I'll take a closer look at them, clean a section, grab a photo or two and post them.

Maybe that'll give you a better idea if you want them or not.

As for white and orange - you can say you did it to look like a 50/50 Creamsicle ice cream bar :)

Cheers,
Larry

Larry,

If you can't get OEM tumb crews for the battery holder, you might want to try wing nuts from the hardware store. They might work though not OEM.

I got a plastic wing nut from hardware store, I think 1/4" hole which isn't metric but it's plastic, it's not really threaded anyway, works fine but the wings need to be trimmed back a tad.

Back