2 x's being parted out on CL

Pick-n-pull party

Just got word back from the seller; he's offering next Saturday as a potential trip.

Who's coming with me?

If you're not going - send in your requests. I've collected requests via my email.

When emailing me please include the part you're requesting and the price you're willing to pay. If I don't know what it is or where to find it I'll get back in contact with you, but hopefully someone else with more knowledge may accompany me (Tim?, Rudy? Tyrone? hint/hint).

email is latigid1(at)comcast.net

I'll also capture some detailed images and post for those beyond the sunny borders of California.

Thanks,
Larry

Danggit

Next Saturday won't work for me. I have out-of-town visitors and a pick-n-pull party is going to be a tough sell. maybe I can say, let's go to Monterrey??

I'm open on Sunday around 11 though....perhaps I can come by for leftovers if the seller is willing.

Depending on what time

I moved my clients appointment from last saturday to this saturday :( because i thought i was going to your house but i'll see if i can get his car during the week to have this saturday open. I'll pm you if i can arrange this.

Ty

Ty: very sorry about the last minuet change of plans, Tim's ex, then daughter got sick; it worked out well for me as the day prior I discovered the coolant lines were paper thin (they're on order and should be in soon).

However I'm truly sorry things happened as they did with your customer, I hope all has worked out for you.

As for the Parts car(s) in SC;

I've got an appointment with the owner for this Saturday Feb., 4th at Noon.

Here's the parts that are already spoken for;

· Front bumper plastic piece (it's the top plastic piece that spans the entire width of the front bumper)
·Front and Rear Bumper
·Battery cover hold down thumb screw (need only one)
·Front trunk carpet (if in good shape; no holes or rips)
·Grills found under windshield (both sides)
·Sm speedo cable for later model X only
·Top (the black removable top of the driving cockpit)
·Dash clock
·Plate for heater controls (non A/C)
·Window switches (as many as present)
·Hazard, headlight, dash panel light switches
·If it's an AC car - heater core and heater control valve (no idea what this looks like or where it's at!!![help?])
·Seat belt shoulder harness (both sides)
·Door lock buttons (what you'd push down or pull up to lock the doors)
·Spare tire cover - hoping for black
·Side badges (the black w/chromeish 'bertone' on both sides of the rear drivers cockpit)
·Air Cleaner for Carbureted car
·Connection piece for the 'injector fan' - it's the black fan found in the rear trunk (drivers side). Just need the connection piece between the fan and the back conduit. Along with crimps and bolts.
·Small centering pins for the tires (need 2)

The list has been created by the emails I've received, if you sent me one, your on the list, though you may not be the first on the wish list when it comes to the window switches, depending on how many are there.

If you have something you may need, send me an email prior to this Friday to latigid1(at)Comcast.net

Cheers,
Larry

i need

like i said last week. The rear grille and lower valance or i'll be-friend you :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: and more than likely i'll be going with you on saturday. What type of vehicle will you be driving.

You have dibs on my spare grill and cow:laugh:

I'll be driving a truck, it fits 4 but only 2 will be comfortable.

Will you be driving or riding w/ me?

Here's the rundown on the pick-n-pull in Santa Cruz

Two cars one AC the other not
One engine is present
No transmissions
Assuming 83-85 vintage (sorry can't tell without DMV registration)

There are two very and I mean very nice black seats. They look like they were recently redone prior to the car being parted out. Alert to the good looking Larry!!!!

The cars have been picked rather clean by the previous owner so not much there.

Break fluid res are toast
One good clutch res.
3 mirrors 2-drivers side 1-passanger
Power window motors
Windows
2 Water res for windshield
2-GREAT cond seats

The owner (Rez) is nice college aged guy who needs the funds, guess the owner of the cars skipped out on rent and left the cars as payment. So if you see anything that you may need you should contact Rez at rezamza(at)gmail.com, he's very interested in getting as much sold as possible. He is a bit slow in responding but that's due to his work and school schedule.

All photos are posted here: http://s849.photobucket.com/albums/ab51/CaliforniaX19/

Cheers,
Larry

Those seats are worth the trip?

Also I would have grabbed the air snorkel/AFM stuff if they look in good shape. The snorkels can crack so worth it to have a spare for you FI car dudes.

I see one door card on the blue car. Is there a drivers side one as well?

Still parts available

Man, too bad I am out of country...Santa Cruz is just an hour from my home.

Seems to still be good parts from Larry's pictures. I see the plastic bumper trim pieces, passanger side mirrors are always sought after, the seats sound intersting, the blower in the trunk...

Larry, thank you for going, checking the cars out and taking pictures.

Is any one going to this place???

Stephen

In my opinion the seats are worth the trip! They look like brand new, one little scratch on the drivers seat, looks like a pen was in the pocket and sat in the seat.

Don't know what a Snorkel/AFM is.

Door cards are in rather nice condition on the AC car yet not on the other one. Both cars had door speakers installed so the cards have corresponding holes.

If anyone's willing, I'd be happy to go back to help get the AC heater control valve out for another X-head. I don't know where or what it is.

I got one of the front plastic bumper trim piece, the other has a small rip in it; though it's perfectly flat, it does have a rip.

The mirrors have been removed and placed in the sellers storage for later sales; interested folks should contact him directly.

As for the rear fan; it didn't have the part I needed, the plastic connector piece. Should I have grabbed the fan? Do they fail often enough to need a spare? or are they rare?

I don't know how often the FI fans fail. They are an odd shape and look like a jet engine inside (only way I can describe them). They don't typically come on too often, at least I didn't notice it with the 86 however it tends to be cooler where I am (rather than the East Bay where you are).

The AFM (Air Flow Meter) is the electronic unit that sits between the "snorkel (the large black ribbed soft plastic tube that connects to the plenum; shaped like a hocky stick or backward "L") and the short hose that connects to the air filter unit. See any of our vendors for this part and you will see they are not cheap. Even for a used one - they run about $150.00. Worth having a spare.

Seats and such

I just sent the owner an email asking about the seats and some of the other bits, although black seats in a tan/orange X1/9 might be good for when baseball season starts I suppose.

Tim - I've owned by '79 X for over 10 years (it's got an '84 engine transplanted into it) and have only needed the FI fan to come on one time - that was when I was driving to Seattle on I-5 and we'd pulled in for quick stop in Redding. It was probably close 105 and the car didn't want to start for a bit. Other than that, I've never needed it.

Larry
'79 X1/9

Back