A couple of interesting articles

No way I'm going to put a deposit down if they don't at least show an accurate sketch!
But it's only 5 million British pounds. :D

I'm sure they will presell every one of them in very short time without any pics or details. That's typical of people with limitless funds.

I did not save it to post here, but I read a report about the current vintage car market and it's projected trends. While the high-end market will always remain high-end, the mid and lower (i.e. Fiat) markets are changing. Basically the belief is the inflated prices we saw recently seem to have been more of a temporary reaction to events like COVID, and now things have slowed down considerably. The forecast is for a more realistic market again. Here are a couple excerpts from the report:

Experts are characterizing the cooling as a healthy correction rather than a dangerous drop. Autumn pricing will be more predictable than in earlier months, when the general tendency toward wildly erratic sales skewed perceptions of actual market values.
“For a while it seemed like buyers were on a frenzy to buy whatever they could get their hands on,” Calle says. “Prices kept rising, often with no rhyme or reason.” By now, the Covid-19-boosted urge for some collectors to grab at anything they could buy has passed."
“There could be a question if some of the basis of a strong market is from remaining pent-up demand for buy and sell after two-and-a-half years from the pandemic, but it seems this driver [has] cooled off prior to Pebble Beach,” Madsen says.

More articles:

I love this Renault R5 remake, aside from the paint scheme. I'd like it even more if it had a ICE powertrain rather than electric.....

Some 3D printing discussion. The second link is the one referenced in the first link.....

I definitely prefer the older Fiat Multiplas. But the first vehicle shown in this article is a modern Multipla I'd like to own.....

Last edited:
More articles:

I love this Renault R5 remake, aside from the paint scheme. I'd like it even more if it had a ICE powertrain rather than electric.....
I love everything about that R5.

The 3D printing article is great. I can see a lot of use for 3D printing in the auto restoration world. Robinson Foundry is doing backyard metal casting using 3D prints as part of the mold making process. I can see a path toward using that process to make metal parts for cars.

Nice to see the Ford Probe in the list. I've had mine since new 1994.
IMG_20180925_140855.jpg

I guess I'm not too surprised the X did not make this list. But there are a couple of others on it that certainly should NOT be in my opinion:

What a joke -"Several examples from the 1960s and 1970s are available for around $14,000. However, to get one in this price bracket in perfect condition will require an extended careful search." There are no perfect Lotus Elans for $14K no matter how hard you search, unless a non running basket case qualifies as 'perfect'.........

A guess a sign of the times? I saw a article that listed ten "surprisingly cheap" sports cars worth looking at. They were used examples of the cars, mostly several years old models. But the "cheap" prices were well over $100,000 !! Jeepers, if that is "surprisingly cheap" then I'm out of the game. o_O

Previously I've linked articles about converting vintage cars to electric power. This article discusses companies converting them to hydrogen power:

That’s an interesting conversion. It will be interesting to see if hydrogen fueling stations start to gain any ground.

That’s an interesting conversion. It will be interesting to see if hydrogen fueling stations start to gain any ground.
I'm not into alternative fuel vehicles so I don't really pay too much attention to this, but I seem to be hearing there are more and more hydrogen fueling stations being built. Especially in certain parts of the country. That surprised me because I kind of had the impression the whole hydrogen thing had pretty much died out already. Apparently not. My guess is they are more for fleet vehicles and such.

Back in post #126 I reported about a projected trend for most vintage car prices to start falling back from the overly inflated selling prices we saw during and immediately following COVID. Today another report further supports that with figures on the average sales figures for the vintage/collector market this year. A definite downward trend continues. So if you are one of those that tries to capitalize from others by flipping cars then you better get on with it, because soon you will be holding your assets in both hands. :D

By the way, the "experts" were correct. ;)

You can tell from looking at the prices for Fiats on Craigslist and FBM that many sellers have not gotten the word yet that their car is not worth what they thought it was. "What, my broken dash, torn seat, doesn't run at the moment X1/9 isn't worth $11,000!"

Naturally there is a difference between what sellers ask and what cars actually sell for. The data is based on actual sales. ;)

Back