A Forum Member Has Stolen My Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could be in the same boat.

He wanted to sell me parts and build the head for my motor but I just wasn't comfortable with the logistics so I went to a shop an hour away.

Well that and he doesn't like dual Webers!

So it looks like this is happening to members here, as well as fiat owners in other Countries. Steve Checcelle of Fiat Factory unfortunately cannot be trusted right now. I don’t know what his circumstances are, but regardless, this is unacceptable. People have given him huge sums of money and have received nothing, in some cases, years waiting. If anyone knows him personally, or can contact him directly, I would appreciate you reaching out on behalf of many people. Of course, if you have a personal relationship with him, maybe he has some personal problems he needs help with as well. Thank’s again to everyone for the support, this is a great community!
Steve Cecchele has had a great reputation for many years and has been a well-known expert on engine builds. He's been very active on the t124.com forum in Australia for a long time. That forum is pretty quiet these days and there's no posts from him for a long time. Perhaps he has been very ill or been in an accident (or even passed away). I can't find any recent posts on the internet. Perhaps see if you can learn anything via the X1/9 or t124 forums in Australia?

Steve is still around. He has been working away possibly FIFO.
Is last heard from him 2 mths ago about some shocks for the x.
He is not always in Perth is seems.

As previously mentioned, there's two sides to every story. While this seems to be a less than ideal situation, and no fault of OP, let's avoid a witch-hunt for the time being. The OP did a respectable thing by voicing his concerns without trying to tarnish any reputations in his original post, we should keep that decision in mind.

I hope this is resolved soon. Apparently some folks have a lot more confidence in the seller than Brendon does. I'll bet he would be interested in selling out his interest in this deal at this point. Must be someone who would like to take Brendon's place in this matter?

Looks like someone in Australia is trying to sell a good amount of inventory. If your parts aren't shown that would be a good sign.

Looks like someone in Australia is trying to sell a good amount of inventory. If your parts aren't shown that would be a good sign.

Not sure if anyone noticed, but Brendan deleted a post above and the reason Brendan stated for the deletion is "suspected member has been reached".

Brendan, what's going on now?

I hope that if/when this gets resolved satisfactorily, that this whole thread can be removed. We await Brendon's post to tells us how it all went.

I hope that if/when this gets resolved satisfactorily, that this whole thread can be removed. We await Brendon's post to tells us how it all went.
Closed perhaps, but removed? If I were about to buy parts from this seller, I'd want to know about this case. Even with a successful conclusion. Even though our suppliers are limited, we should still expect to be treated fairly from them, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back