A Forum Member Has Stolen My Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like someone in Australia is trying to sell a good amount of inventory.

So what? Steve's been selling stuff on eBay.au for over 15 YEARS; sometimes just a few items at a time, sometimes more. I've bought a few Fiat parts from him myself through the years (both on & off eBay), always shipped promptly & arrived just as advertised. If he were scamming people on eBay, he wouldn't still be a seller there - eBay would've booted him long ago.

So what? Steve's been selling stuff on eBay.au for over 15 YEARS; sometimes just a few items at a time, sometimes more. I've bought a few Fiat parts from him myself through the years (both on & off eBay), always shipped promptly & arrived just as advertised. If he were scamming people on eBay, he wouldn't still be a seller there - eBay would've booted him long ago.

I've bought a part or two as well from him. They showed up, but it did take a while for them to be shipped. No complaints with the parts themselves.

Brendan, did you ever get your cylinder head or a refund?
I have not received any parts, I have not received any refunds, and I do not receive email responses when I ask questions. It has now been about 8 months since this job was supposed to be completed. I am beyond frustrated, and I really have no other options besides just sitting here and hoping he will deliver on his end. I guess Steve Checelle of Fiat Factory thinks he can take thousands of dollars from people and lie about completion dates, and get around to performing the work whenever he feels like it......I suppose I should just be honored to have him working on my cylinder head! Take your time Steve, it’s not a big deal, other people have waited years for their parts, what makes me think I’d be any different

the person in question was active yesterday on another forum, very closely related. That being said, I have had a few bad deals in my time. Sometimes it is a misunderstanding. And then sometimes it is not. I paid a guy 5000.00 deposit on my roof July 1, 2018. I still do not have the materials or the roof. But after a lot of work,calling police and being patient i did get my money back last week. a year and a half later. But again. Still no roof

Wow, I have not been on the forum for awhile. I have to say I am shocked that Steve hasn’t reached out to explain.
He built me a Head not too long ago and was very responsive during the entire process.
I’ll be following this for sure.

I have not received any parts, I have not received any refunds, and I do not receive email responses when I ask questions. It has now been about 8 months since this job was supposed to be completed. I am beyond frustrated, and I really have no other options besides just sitting here and hoping he will deliver on his end. I guess Steve Checelle of Fiat Factory thinks he can take thousands of dollars from people and lie about completion dates, and get around to performing the work whenever he feels like it......I suppose I should just be honored to have him working on my cylinder head! Take your time Steve, it’s not a big deal, other people have waited years for their parts, what makes me think I’d be any different

This is very sad news indeed.

I happy that the excellent machine shop I use for custom work only takes payment upon completion of the work. After your experience I would be extremely reticent to give anyone more than a small deposit for intended work.

Here's hoping that ultimately you get what you've paid for, or renumeration

I'm sure it's a misunderstanding or perhaps some other issue. Weren't there a couple container ships that sunk, this past year? I'm sure shipping would be "ground" which would be by ship until it arrives and then passes customs in the US, then by ground freight. Have you PM'd him? I know that if you emailed me today, you might get a response in 6-8 months... if your lucky. PM, text, or message on FB, is best. Maybe he is the same way? Also don't expect much response from him in this thread. He typically only responds to technical threads or threads directed at him. I've known the guy for years through our group. I've interacted countless times with him. I'd be very surprised if this is anything more then a mix up. Perhaps your order was shipped to a wrong address or lost in the shuffle, or denied at customs. I shipped and receive internationally on a regular basis. If your papers aren't in order, it can be a long wait. Not sure where your located, but I know things can get really backed up at customs in California and Miami. Steve has a business and reputation to maintain, and this is not in his character. Good luck.

@fiatfactory
I'm sure it's a misunderstanding or perhaps some other issue. Weren't there a couple container ships that sunk, this past year? I'm sure shipping would be "ground" which would be by ship until it arrives and then passes customs in the US, then by ground freight. Have you PM'd him? I know that if you emailed me today, you might get a response in 6-8 months... if your lucky. PM, text, or message on FB, is best. Maybe he is the same way? Also don't expect much response from him in this thread. He typically only responds to technical threads or threads directed at him. I've known the guy for years through our group. I've interacted countless times with him. I'd be very surprised if this is anything more then a mix up. Perhaps your order was shipped to a wrong address or lost in the shuffle, or denied at customs. I shipped and receive internationally on a regular basis. If your papers aren't in order, it can be a long wait. Not sure where your located, but I know things can get really backed up at customs in California and Miami. Steve has a business and reputation to maintain, and this is not in his character. Good luck.

If the parts had shipped, he would have sent me a tracking number and a confirmation it shipped. He replies to me when he feels like it, and his reply is always the same....”I’m getting right on it, I’ll send some progress pictures soon.” I have literally received 1 email every 2-3 months telling me the same thing. Do you really think I would post this if it was just some mix up? Do you think I would be this upset for no good reason? I have had to bother friends of his in Australia to try and get a hold of him, and that seems to be the only way he will respond to me, which doesn’t matter anyways, because his B.S. response is always the same. I don’t appreciate this post, as it makes me look like the bad guy, like I am somehow irrational, impatient, or haven’t exhausted all possibilities already

If the parts had shipped, he would have sent me a tracking number and a confirmation it shipped. He replies to me when he feels like it, and his reply is always the same....”I’m getting right on it, I’ll send some progress pictures soon.” I have literally received 1 email every 2-3 months telling me the same thing. Do you really think I would post this if it was just some mix up? Do you think I would be this upset for no good reason? I have had to bother friends of his in Australia to try and get a hold of him, and that seems to be the only way he will respond to me, which doesn’t matter anyways, because his B.S. response is always the same. I don’t appreciate this post, as it makes me look like the bad guy, like I am somehow irrational, impatient, or haven’t exhausted all possibilities already
I don't know you, for me to say whether I think that your upset for no good reason.
My posting doesn't make you look one way or another, either. I'm simply posting my experience with the member in question. I've read and been apart of many situations on a variety of platforms, where buyers are unreasonable or petty or looking to get something for nothing. I'm not so inclined to read through 3 pages of very lengthy posts to gather every ounce of perspective, from only one side of the coin. If your being screwed over by Steve, then I feel very badly for you and hope you can recover your losses. My point was that perhaps matters beyond his or your control possibly transpired after the fact. You say that is not the case and that you've tried every possible option to contact him and rectify this. I am inclined to believe you. My other posting wasn't a dig at you or your situation, just trying to stay objective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back