A Forum Member Has Stolen My Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know you, for me to say whether I think that your upset for no good reason.
My posting doesn't make you look one way or another, either. I'm simply posting my experience with the member in question. I've read and been apart of many situations on a variety of platforms, where buyers are unreasonable or petty or looking to get something for nothing. I'm not so inclined to read through 3 pages of very lengthy posts to gather every ounce of perspective, from only one side of the coin. If your being screwed over by Steve, then I feel very badly for you and hope you can recover your losses. My point was that perhaps matters beyond his or your control possibly transpired after the fact. You say that is not the case and that you've tried every possible option to contact him and rectify this. I am inclined to believe you. My other posting wasn't a dig at you or your situation, just trying to stay objective.
I don’t mean to be a jerk, I’m sorry Eastep, just frustrated......thank you for the feedback, honestly

Brendan,
I only jokingly suggested you sell your "interest" in this project to someone else who has more faith in the person who won't respond to you. I think now is the time to actually seek someone else to own this "opportunity".
I wonder how much someone else might pay to be in your position?

Greg, I think Mike was being a bit flippant about the situation considering that others here feel this is no big deal and seem to have more faith in Steve C than Brendan does (and most of us do).

It's easy to take the position that no harm was done when you have no stake in the game. Quite different when you're the victim.
Put your money where your mouth is is the phrase that comes to mind. If you seriously believe that Brendon is just overacting then step up. Pay him the $3K and wait in line to recieve the head he paid for. What could possibly go wrong? I doubt that anyone has that much faith in the seller. Seriously!
Glad I'm not out $3K. Not to say that I'll never get scammed - again - but at least now I know how to avoid being scammed by one seller. Seriously!

• Sad to say, but this situation has scared me off all vendors in jurisdictions different than my own.
Don't be. Many of us are regular sellers. I buy/sell and ship both internationally and domestically. I've rarely had any negative issues here on the boards. Only once that I recall. There has been times where my schedule prevents me from shipping as soon as I'd like or say thatI will, but I always give the buyer a heads up, atleast.

By “ jurisdiction”, I meant the U S. I consider the COMMONWEALTH of Pennsylvania to be close enough, even though it’s not a state.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back