All of the Lurkers CHeck in Please

Fun to Watch

I am Jeff. I check in to XWeb 2.0 every so often, but rarely post because I have little of interest to offer. I thoroughly enjoy reading others posts, and would like to give kudos for this Lurker thread. Excellent idea.

Hi, I'm Carl. Long time lurker, I had a rarely-used account at the old place. I don't have an X, but am trying to make up for it with this:
DSCF1983.jpg

DSCF1973.jpg

DSCF1985.jpg

I'll crawl back in my hole now. Scary out here.

Brown X Lurker

I am the owner of another ugly brown X, although I like to call it Italian Choclate. Bought it last November and have been working to get it better. Replaced lots of the usual items, had Performance Apex get it all tuned up, removed bumpers. I lurk to see what others have done and for the way to make fix items, which I need as this is the first car I've ever worked on. I did something different, or at least I haven't seen it done. I used motorcycle flush mount turn signals for the front signals and was able to get them mounted without any drilling. Everything is almost done, except bodywork and paint. For paint, I am going to probably go for the new Macadamia Porsche color (yep, still kind of brown) with silver accents. But that will have to wait for the bank account to get refilled. Thanks to all for this great resoursce and letting me lurk.
006-1.jpg

022.jpg
002-1.jpg

Very nice looking car. Great job on the changes. Rare to see one in such good shape.

Argggghhhhhh!!!!!!

:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

The arse and the nose of your car looks almost exactly like my UBX! I really hope it's not MY car you are trying to duplicate? :lol:

I do like your lighting treatments.

We are soon to be prepping mine for dallara kit, most likely changing to Lambo orange pearl.

I like that color Roobus,

That was the color of my first X1/9, a 1974 "Sepia Brown" colored car with light cream colored upholstery. I loved that car, color and all.

Love it Roobus!!!

Italian Chocolate :D These chocolate Xs are growing on me.

Thomas even UBX from the Open House photos looks damn nice after losing them Wal Mart caps :eek:mg:

Thomas, maybe next year

you'll get to see BB-4RE again.
I guess it depends if Bob F decides to take the trek.

My name is Matthew and I have a beat up black and beige 1985 Bertone that I bought 15 years ago. I also have a 91 Yugo GV Plus (dead) and used to own a '75 124 Spider, '78 128 2-door sedan, '71 124 Station wagon, '76 131 Mirafiori 2-door, '79 131 Brava and an '86 Yugo. Yeah I know it's a disease.

I'll try to post pictures of the Bertone this weekend.

Welcome Roobus...

I'm afraid I just can't get my arms around that color... but do like most of the mods you've done. Have you considered dressing that front plate to one side or the other... I'll get it out of the airstream to the radiator... at speed it tend to deflect air AROUND the intake.

Do show us more as you work on the car... everyone here contributes whether they think so or not. Lookin forward to seeing more...

Welcome Matthew...

Geez... the State of Washington probably has more X's per capita than any other... or should I say LURKERS!

HA!

Thanks for finally saying hi... and looking forward to seeing your fotos!

Hi my name is Thomas and I have a 1981 Black/grey X1/9 (and a couple of other Fiats as well :)) and I live in Denmark.

Yep, the plate will move.

Yes, I need to move the plate anyway, as I bent it the other day pulling out of a parking lot. I forget how low these cars sit to the ground. Which side is better to move the front plate as to avoid cooling issues?

I grew up with a dad that made a few kit cars. My dad passed away a few years ago, but we still have this car in the family, although it's very sentimental to my mother and she will barely let me touch it. It's not a replica of anything, came on it's own frame, has Ford Pinto running gear and a fiberglass body called a Blakley Bernardi. It's hard for me to believe it's almost 30 years old. I was 17 years old when my dad let me drive it for the first time, and I wanted to take my girl friend at the time for a spin. My dad reluctantly handed me the keys and said: "if you wreck it, don't come home", ha, ha, and I knew he meant it.

Gerald

img001.jpg

Welcome..

You can zip-tie that front plate on loosely so it will tip out of the way of strong wind.

Or you can trim it like this:

IMG_7489.jpg

Note: this is not necessarily "legal" but it is at least displayed. I've not been stopped for having the front plate like this, but your experience may be different.

:grin:

Mark Plaia mounts his plate to the left...

Mike Soter mounts his to the right...

image.php

... either side works from an airflow standpoint.

I believe "traditionally" in the states, especially on the older cars of the 30s and 40s, you found plates mounted under the LR tailight, and in the opposite RF corner of the car.

I kinda lean towards tradition...

128 owners need not lurk! We have enough X parts in our cars to qualify (well, I think so anyway...).:) Besides, there arent enough 128s out there to have our own forum and most of the Spider folk know little about them. Fiat single cams rock. I dont post here often but Ive been around Fiats since 1982.

Back