Breathing Life Into a Neglected '75

Sun moved a bit so this might be better......the match is a hair off, but it's close enough.

IMG_5838.jpg

I'm so glad we went broke paying a pro to do this...lol
Trust me, parked side by side, you would be thrilled. I would have done the same on a keeper, which this one is not. Nothing mechanical left to do so I have to leave a new caretaker something to do while waiting for something to break.

Last edited:
Trust me, parked side by side, you would be thrilled. I would have done the same on a keeper, which this one is not. Nothing mechanical left to do so I have to leave a new caretaker something to do while waiting for something to break.
When it comes to me and paint, nearly everything else within 15 meters seems to get painted as well….after painting an entire cellar floor whilst attempting to paint a single, Gibson ES335, I knew my future as a spray artist was over.

This is the final post for the journey from a neglected for decades X to it's rebirth so it can roam the roads once again. It has taken many hours and many (too many) $$$ to recommission. Is it perfect? In a word, no. None of these projects are perfect, nor are they ever really done. It's close enough to be enjoyed without endless hours of wrenching, so the time has come to post this somewhere in internet-land to hopefully find it's next caretaker. I have two domestic hot rod projects that are next up in the queue, but there wouldn't be an interest in them here. After they are done it's back to the K20 project, assuming I live long enough, and back to my regularly scheduled postings.

IMG_5882.jpg

IMG_5888.jpg

IMG_5891.jpg

IMG_5893.jpg

I have two domestic hot rod projects that are next up in the queue, but there wouldn't be an interest in them here.

Have you not seen the NFC section. I bet we'd love to hear about them.

I have two domestic hot rod projects that are next up in the queue, but there wouldn't be an interest in them here.

Have you not seen the NFC section. I bet we'd love to hear about them.
I can't wait to see his finished mid-engined Dodge A-100 pickup. Yes, its "got a Hemi in it".

how's she run, smooth and fun?
Runs like a swiss watch - for how long is anyones guess? :rolleyes:

Have you not seen the NFC section
I read it regularly, but I'm mesmorized by the home construction projects more than the cars.

I can't wait to see his finished mid-engined Dodge A-100 pickup.
Tha A-100 is in the queue to be sent out for paint. That truck is essentially done. After paint it will take about a week to bolt everything back on and it's done. Next up is a '52 Henry J BBC straight axle gasser project - thankfully paint is already done. The pic below is NOT Fiat friendly, so viewer discretion is advised.

346070497_1229708460995993_8364969599662432767_n.jpg

When I catch up on some projects, to keep it all in the family, I'll go on the hunt for a Fiat....

This is the final post for the journey from a neglected for decades X to it's rebirth so it can roam the roads once again. It has taken many hours and many (too many) $$$ to recommission. Is it perfect? In a word, no. None of these projects are perfect, nor are they ever really done. It's close enough to be enjoyed without endless hours of wrenching, so the time has come to post this somewhere in internet-land to hopefully find it's next caretaker. I have two domestic hot rod projects that are next up in the queue, but there wouldn't be an interest in them here. After they are done it's back to the K20 project, assuming I live long enough, and back to my regularly scheduled postings.

View attachment 81510

View attachment 81511

View attachment 81512

View attachment 81513
Thank you for bringing her back to life and best wishes for a successful and profitable sale to the next owner. This is still one of the best colors (biased comment)

Back