Checking Interest for aluminum X radiators.

Unfortunately I suffered some shipping issues...

IMG_5208.jpg

How fixable do we think this is?
IMG_5211.jpg

Looks fixable to me too, BUT

Be very careful with applying heat, as Aluminum oxidizes (and melts!) very fast.
I would try it without heat first.

Suggestion: Take it to a muffler shop, as they have tools that will make this round again with very little effort.

Yes is fixable

Ouch, I am very lucky then, mine was just a small ovality by comparison.

You need a exhaust pipe expander set to work this back to round ( that's what I did - its all good now ).

Pay heed to the heating of the metal as Bob Brown said, I just used a paint stripper heat gun to avoid too much heat.

You guys use harbour freight on that side of the pond cheap and cheerful is okay for limited use, like these.

Ebay link

Indeed yours and mine are the only known damaged ones so far. With mine the worse of the two.

They were well packed, I think the USPS gave me a bit more help than most, especially since I am less than 200 miles from Bob's house :(

We'll see if there is any satisfaction from the insurance or just go for the repair...

Bob has already been in contact with me about the matter in his ever gracious way.

Nice quote jjay...:)

OK I am prepping my car for the transplant... Now It appears I will be replacing my pipes as well. My 75 X had the original radiator with the original hoses from the Factory with the Sardine openers. I think I will have to restore the entire car because the radiator is too pretty to install unless everything is new:rolleyes::wacko:

Ugh!

You better get some high pressure flushing in that cooling system JJ...
This one looks really bad...

2 of 2 arrived

I received the two boxes and the boxes were not damaged...I did not check the items themselves because the boxes were good.

Now to the swap...

Thanks Bob.

Check them anyway.....

In some cases it looks like USPS have put some of these boxes on the bottom of heavier boxes. So the box can seem ok, but to much weight can still cause minor issues. Better safe than sorry.

Bob,

Mine arrived okay here in Brisbane, Australia. Was amazed by the 7 day delivery time.

Byron

Thanks Bob

I checked the radiator and it looked fine...no great. Too bad it can't be seen after it is installed. Such a good looking piece of equipment. The fans were in there own boxes and looked fine.

Thanks again.

I checked the radiator and it looked fine...no great. Too bad it can't be seen after it is installed. Such a good looking piece of equipment. The fans were in there own boxes and looked fine.

Thanks again.

Thats why I am cutting out my trunk so you can see it...:)

Missing?

Bob:
I received the fan but have not received the radiator as of today. I know you sent a message with a tracking number but I cannot find it. Could you please resend it to me. Hopefully there is not any problem.
Thank you,
respectfully,
Richard Kraus

There was some issue heading west.

Three radiators for some reason were held up in Kansas for a while. I believe your radiator is close. I'll PM you with the tracking number.

Back