Dallara Wing made in Culver City over $1000 saved

Hi Brad,

thanks for doing these simulations.
What surprises me is that the pressure diagram doesn't show much difference between pressures below the car and above the engine compartment. I had expected a large delta here, that would cause high flow through the engine compartment from bottom to top. Do you have an explanation for this?

Also, it would be very interesting do find/design a good location for the intercooler in a Uno Turbo swap. What are your thoughts on this based on your analysis of your oil cooler location?

Attached is an image showing pressure on the body surface. It is more telling than the other image I posted which is pressure surrounding the vehicle measured on the "walls" of the domain. Regarding my thoughts on the flow from the bottom up through the engine cover, the accelerated flow under the car likely slows the upward flow. What isn't in this model is the side intakes. These would provide positive pressure directly into the engine compartment increasing the flow up and out of the engine cover. The model I did for the oil cooler study simulates that positive pressure. I have the left side intake ducted directly to the oil cooler. In actual practice I know that I have flow through the rear trunk as seen in the original simulation. There is a clear dust path that proves this. However I can not verify whether or not this would be adequate flow for an intercooler - I suspect it wouldn't be very efficient.

X19Airflownowingpressuremap-body.jpg

Back