Distribution point completly burnt, is this normal ?

Ok Thanks,
Yeah I got the liunk for the european reseller it seems.
What do you mean not recommended, is it no good

i don't have the budget right now to change the whole distribution, I'm going to be honest...
So, the best way we can help you is to identify good quality points and advise on installation and setup :)

And in fact for general future reference - from those using points [oh the shame :)], which parts are good and which should be avoided?

Last edited:
So - here is a listing from Bosch for 1.5l cars. "Contact Set" is a proper name for "points". You see that the last column says DUC or MAR. That refers to Ducellier or Magneti Marelli. Your car could have a distributor made by either.

1699565894746.png

In my case I have a Magneti Marelli [MM] S135. It came loose in a box of bits with the car which had been dissambled by Previous Owner [PO]. It is filthy and I can't see any branding on it but I can see cast in raised print low on the aluminium body that says "S135" - which is one of the MM models. I am a long way from assembling an engine [years] but I looked for and found some genuine MM points here in Australia and have purchased them.

I have never seen a Ducellier but I understand that they are easy to identify as they ghave very large text on them.

In my case I have a Magneti Marelli [MM] S135. It came loose in a box of bits with the car which had been dissambled by Previous Owner [PO]. It is filthy and I can't see any branding on it but I can see cast in raised print low on the aluminium body that says "S135" - which is one of the MM models. I am a long way from assembling an engine [years] but I looked for and found some genuine MM points here in Australia and have purchased them.

I have never seen a Ducellier but I understand that they are easy to identify as they ghave very large text on them.
The 74 US models came with the Ducelier 4481A complete with vacuum retard (From the factory manual, it looks like all US 1300s used it). I found it to be quite reliable and easy to work on. Removing the vacuum diaphragm is pretty easy and makes it much easier to deal with since the 74 does not have an access panel to reach that area. I also found it pretty easy to recurve.

Look a bit closer, and stamped into the lower portion around the rim of the distributor body where it clamps down will be the full nomenclature, and X19's use either a S135F (1300) or S135G (1500) distributor... and those suffixes are key to getting the right parts.

128 uses S135A , S135B here in Australia, and if you compare the A/B variant to the F/G variant you'll notice the difference, if you look closely, and this is what a LOT of the aftermarket electronic ignition kits dont take into account which causes issues with trigger and rotor/post alignment.

We never saw Ducellier distributors here in Australia, but I've got a bunch of them I bought NOS years ago, in both vacuum retard and full mechanical versions.

SteveC

Would you know what kind of grease is needed ?
There are correct greases for this. As you are in Europe, "Bosch Distributor Point Cam Lobe Grease 5 700 002 005 Ft1v4" should be easiest to get but there will certainly be an Elf or Motol or Total product too.

There are correct greases for this. As you are in Europe, "Bosch Distributor Point Cam Lobe Grease 5 700 002 005 Ft1v4" should be easiest to get but there will certainly be an Elf or Motol or Total product too.
I see...
I used grease I have that is used for bearings... hope it will work...

By the way, yes indeed Im in France and its a bertone from 1985 !
if you know a place to buy the right good quality points don't hesitate.

But at the same time if you guys are saying it needs to be changed every 5K km or 10K km, but yet nobody really have good references or shops to buy reliable points. Then where anyone buy its points and do they have any problems with low quality points
I'm a bit confused by this. It's the same with the "Oh change to the 32\36 carb. Yet it's like almost impossible to find the adapter for it. It can see old post with someone producing some of them but it was long time ago. I assume everyone that wanted to switch to the 32\36 has done it already.

:cool:

I used grease I have that is used for bearings... hope it will work...
probably will - but you only need a tiny bit. If too much, it will get thrown around inside the distributor as the shaft spins and it will get all over everything and worst of all - it will get into the points and on the contact faces which will weaken your spark.

Back