Fiat 500 Turbo engine swap

Nice work! So by this time, you must have developed a check list for the harness stripping - I needed to make charts for Honda-Fiat wiring conversion, and mine was way simpler, since no body modules, ABS or anything else to worry about.

What else are you adding to get strength back for the lateral members removed? On my K24 conversion, I added a boxed section inside the spare wheel well to offset all the support removed on the other side. Do you do anything similar? It appears there is no crossmember left at all to the left of center.

IMG_8719.jpeg

Air to air intercooler is going to be above transmission just like in MR2.

Nice work! So by this time, you must have developed a check list for the harness stripping - I needed to make charts for Honda-Fiat wiring conversion, and mine was way simpler, since no body modules, ABS or anything else to worry about.

What else are you adding to get strength back for the lateral members removed? On my K24 conversion, I added a boxed section inside the spare wheel well to offset all the support removed on the other side. Do you do anything similar? It appears there is no crossmember left at all to the left of center.
I have not done anything to lateral members yet but I do plan to add strength to it, I like your idea

Back