Fiat X1/9 Engine/transaxle weight

My 1500 was about 250 lb. without flywheel, intake, exhaust, starter, and alternator. Somewhere on this site I read a 4 speed is 91 lb.

Thank you. What do you think that the intake, alternator, exhaust, starter, and flywheel add up to?

Maybe 40 pounds?

Maybe 40 pounds?
The flywheel alone weighs about 40 pounds.

Brian actually hung an 1500 engine with 5spd trans on a scale.
Nice work finding that post Jim.

Actually I'm surprised. First, I would have thought it to be heavier than 360 pounds. Second, especially if the bare engine (no flywheel, manifolds, starter, alt, etc) and a 4-speed are 250 pounds - seems the extra stuff should be more than 100 lbs. Even the difference between a 4-speed and 5-speed feels significant when trying to move it around the shop. But then again, so does the weight of a starter anymore.

Does anyone know the weights of any comparison engine/trans units? I'm sure the K20 swap guys know what those weigh?

Can anyone tell me the combined weight of the X1/9 transaxle and motor?
Now that you have the answer, may we ask what you are contemplating? Engine swap of some sort? I believe I vaguely recall you are interested in electric power? If by chance that is the case, talk to our member that has already done a electric conversion on his X (hint, he is into dragons).

Yes, am still penciling out different electric drivetrain configurations. I would like to build the first one to land within 50 pounds of stock, regardless of power or range, as long as the power is at least little better than stock.

Hi Nucleus, its been a while, any progress on your project?

I am thinking of using Nissan Leaf drivetrain, but not sure if it will fit back there, as it is pretty tall with inverter and PDM (Power Delivery Module) mounted on top.
This electric drivetrain weighs only 218 lbs, which is a bonus if you take into consideration that battery pack is 648 lbs (gen I, 24 kWhr).
This is with all the hardware, individual cells are 0.8 Kg and there are 48 of them there. All the info is second hand, not verified yet.
I would strategically split the battery pack to get some decent weight distribution.

Just thinking aloud at this stage...

Back