How Tiny is the X1/9 in todays World?

A friend of mine told me he was driving a landscaping truck (can't remember which it was) and almost rear ended a miata. All he saw wat the popped up headlights over his hood and couldn't figure out what they were till the light turned green and he paused for an extra second.

My X1/9 looks kinda small next to my "small" Chrysler... (yes, the Chrysler Cordoba was marketed as "The Small Chrysler" - which at the time, it was!)

1982 X1/9 vs 1976 Chrysler Cordoba :)

1617294381162.png

That thing has to drive horribly?

It's like driving a sofa!! You're 100% disconnected from the road. 360c.i. engine, barely 170HP - 8-track radio. It's a very, very different experience compared to the X1/9! But I absolutely love it.

The "why"? We had one as a family car way back. It was the first car I ever drove. It's a hit at car meets - and yes... it has Corinthian Leather!! :) - our family car didn't, no AC either! (many Canadian cars didn't have AC back in the day). Classic cars are getting stupidly expensive, and this thing was cheap! It's in great shape.. I sold my Abarth 500 and bought it :)

That's me in the trunk, haha.

1617299852327.png

It's like driving a sofa!! You're 100% disconnected from the road. 360c.i. engine, barely 170HP - 8-track radio. It's a very, very different experience compared to the X1/9! But I absolutely love it.

The "why"? We had one as a family car way back. It was the first car I ever drove. It's a hit at car meets - and yes... it has Corinthian Leather!! :) - our family car didn't, no AC either! (many Canadian cars didn't have AC back in the day). Classic cars are getting stupidly expensive, and this thing was cheap! It's in great shape.. I sold my Abarth 500 and bought it :)

View attachment 45610
What?!? Sold the Abarth? No......
But as we’ve seen with Edd China, a driveable sofa is a thing of beauty ;)

View attachment 45610

My X1/9 looks kinda small next to my "small" Chrysler... (yes, the Chrysler Cordoba was marketed as "The Small Chrysler" - which at the time, it was!)

1982 X1/9 vs 1976 Chrysler Cordoba :)

View attachment 45603
Epic license plate. My only question is which Malaise era car had "Carpathian Elm Burl?" I remember commercials but only found reference to an old grand prix which definitely ain't it.

Back