Kermit's brother on BaT!

Does anyone know what this is? Would be an odd way to repair a sill - I wonder if this car had a cage in it's past?

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
An interesting build for sure. Yeah, those are welded platforms for a roll cage. Looks rust free. It has had liberties taken with a lot of mix and match parts. Doesn't mention the KONIs, Big Brakes, etc.. I wonder if its a 1300 or a 1500? 78 instrument cluster would eliminate the oil pressure gauge.

Interesting dogbone bracket like a 128 requiring a custom dogbone mount.

. 1659732818368.png

-M

Dash is a dogs dinner imho. Out of place to the rest of the car which seems to have been finished to a high standard.

Wasn't this car for sale last year on Kijiji? From the Tremblant area? I think asking $50K CAD

Roy

There is a whole lot that is odd in that interior. The carpet is a horror show in terms of fit and finish. The door panels with the staples bent over is a gag moment. The peel and stick vinyl on the IP is god awful, I would rather see the worst of the way it was.

Red shocks does not equal Koni’s.

What is with the strut mounts? What is that thing on top? Did they put the aluminum part on top? Jeepers.

Carbs are definitely at the wrong angle.

What are those front calipers, not saying they are bad but can’t place where they came from.

Nice paint. Love the wheels, offset is a trifle wonky.

Overall things which could be fixed after the sale.

The description says "This 1978 Fiat X1/9 is finished in green over black upholstery and is powered by a 1.5-liter SOHC inline-four paired with a five-speed manual transaxle." Looking at picture 47/64 and 52/64 I am pretty sure I see a 4-spd axle and boot set up on the passenger side.

Looking at picture 47/64 and 52/64 I am pretty sure I see a 4-spd axle and boot set up on the passenger side.

Good catch. Yes, that 4-speed inner boot is unmistakable. Also, in 41/64, you can see the four speed release lever, which is noticeably different from the five speed.

Last edited:
Carbs are definitely at the wrong angle.

I'm going to assume that that is because the altered dogbone setup pitched the engine backward relative to original location. The level is probably not enough to hurt as long as the floats are adjusted, but it still looks akilter.

I'm going to assume that that is because the altered dogbone setup pitched the engine backward relative to original location. The level is probably not enough to hurt as long as the floats are adjusted, but it still looks akilter.
I was thinking that carb angle was the result of using a128 spec manifold. How much is the actual difference in engine tilt, X vs.128?

Back