Kermit's brother on BaT!

I have Jessica Fletcher and Mannix investigating this. And if you have to ask you are not an old geezer (or you are not forced to watch old TV programs that your wife is fixated on).
Sadly, I laughed at this right away.....

I have Jessica Fletcher and Mannix investigating this. And if you have to ask you are not an old geezer (or you are not forced to watch old TV programs that your wife is fixated on).
I have Columbo on the case. Always liked his Peugeot.

This X was for sale up here last year for $37K Canadian ( about $29K US )

And yeah....kinda late in the auction to make a couple of major corrections.....note the thumbnail listing still says it is a 1500/5 speed...

And surprised nobody here has commented on the VIN plate shown.......look again folks and think about it..... :rolleyes: ...bonus points to the first here who figures that out....
I commented on the year and transmission+driveline discrepancy on BAT early in the auction but no-one seemed too interested at that point 🤷‍♂️. With all the errors and inattentive seller this auction seems especially sketchy.

I'm glad I was able to twist this thread into oblivion.

124s have the vin number stamped into the firewall. Does an X have some similar non-removable stamping of the vin?

?!!? Wow - the car with the hand-stapled dash filler sold for $20k?!? Stunned

They still look like amateur hand stitches to me, but it seems that this is not a time of discernment. It presents as a very nice car to people who don't know enough to pick it apart. Maybe in the future, truly pristine and original cars will pass up cars that have been stitched (heh...) together and/or K-swapped, but it seems that anything that presents well will sell high right now.

I commented on the year and transmission+driveline discrepancy on BAT early in the auction but no-one seemed too interested at that point 🤷‍♂️. With all the errors and inattentive seller this auction seems especially sketchy.
I commented on how BAT won't accept any responsibility for bad info on a listing. How would you like to be the high bidder on a car with a 1500/5spd only to find on delivery that it was a 1300/4spd?
I had a somewhat similar situation on a BAT auction that I won. Because of my bad experience I posted a Buyer Beware post on this car - BAT won't back you up if it's not as represented. (On my auction BAT told me - "Not our info, we're not responsible!") How many read my post on this car that was clearly a 4spd? NONE! BAT censored it - even though it was more than civil. Apparently they want you to think they have your back, when they don't.
Thankfully the seller eventually came clean.
Please keep that in mind when bidding on BAT. You're on your own when it comes to how the car is represented. If you don't inspect the car, good luck!

They still look like amateur hand stitches to me, but it seems that this is not a time of discernment. It presents as a very nice car to people who don't know enough to pick it apart. Maybe in the future, truly pristine and original cars will pass up cars that have been stitched (heh...) together and/or K-swapped, but it seems that anything that presents well will sell high right now.
Granted, the mechanical work looks great. Odd the interior doesn't stand up to that level. But hey, $20k? Let's keep going :)

Back