Mia for sale? Whaaaaat????

I saw that too

I was surprised as well, but life takes its twists and turns regardless of our plans.

Selling a good X to replace a car (the audi) seems a little odd. The X IS A CAR!! Drive it!
(I'm being silly, a little, bummer)

I agree with you all.... I'm totally sick over it. I want to burn the Audi. but I owe too much money on it. I need a winter car because of the mountain, snow, etc. The audi decided to blow an engine, and I don't enough funds to fix out of pocket... I totally upside down in the car or it would be at the bottom of a river.... Maybe it won't sell?

I agree with you all.... I'm totally sick over it. I want to burn the Audi. but I owe too much money on it. I need a winter car because of the mountain, snow, etc. The audi decided to blow an engine, and I don't enough funds to fix out of pocket... I totally upside down in the car or it would be at the bottom of a river.... Maybe it won't sell?

Wow, what a bummer. I'm sorry to hear about your S4. My son owns one as well and I told him to buy a more practical and less expensive to service car so he can use the Audi for a pleasure car instead of everyday. Good luck !

Definitely worthy of a trailer

:cool: Sorry to see it sell.
Even more sorry I can't bid on it, as I have too many vehicles now. :cry:

A well known Italian car mechanic in Memphis built this motor. From my memory of the owner who did the work / had work done, was that the motor was "refreshed" with cam, exhaust, bigger injectors, etc for a stout motor that runs well, and pulls strongly.

I would not be scared of this x in any way. Chris had top notch work done, the gentleman he sold it to used it sparingly, and then passed away, and the widow sold to the current owner. I tried to buy this x before the current owner did, but did not have the disposable income to do so.

If I had the $ today, I'd be all over this.

<off to buy a lottery ticket>

4,633 miles per year average............

Would not scare me. It means the car was driven or exercised properly.:nod:

Unless you want a low mileage museum timepiece, this a better buy to drive and enjoy. Low mileage (time warp) cars can be a money pit of failed parts that are expected to come back to life after years of not being used.

I'd jump on it but I already have one X and a limited amount of garage space.
Rolf.

Mileage on any car is not a good indicator of actual condition of the car.
Cars are not designed or work like a tank of fuel.. when it runs out the car is done.

It would not be difficult to take a brand new car with ZERO miles and destroy it completely in less than a mile by simply abusing the car to extreme.

Most important to purchasing any car (new cars come with warranty time, but that does not mean it will be problem free, it just means problems should be covered by the manufacture via the dealer) is overall condition, how it has been cared for, how it has been driven and how the car has been treated during it's life time.

Do not allow the mere over one hundred thousand miles discourage or nix the possible purchase. What is a harsh reality today, any exxe in very nice condition, well cared for and needs little mechanically are becoming rare.. Over time, too many of them have been scrapped for all the wrong reasons.

Bernice

The mileage kinda worries me with 139,000. Can you tell me about any engine work done to it??

I've been told by people that know far more about Fiats in general and cars in particular that a well maintained X1/9 motor is good for about 200,000 miles. So even at 139K, depending on how much you drive, you've still got 5 - 10 years of fun driving.

Larry
'79 X1/9

Got to wonder about the cost of ownership for many of the current up market cars. The amount of electronics, proprietary software/hardware, cost of replacement parts, difficult to not user serviceable parts and systems make long term ownership a growing difficulty.

When black boxes in the up market vehicles cost a few thousand to replace, major mechanical systems costing much the same or more, diagnosing electronic problems not viable by the owner without brand specific software/hardware and more.. it makes long term ownership of these vehicles difficult as time passes. I'm of the opinion that the majority of new cars are designed and built to be in service for a short time past the warranty period. Once the warranty is done, the owner is expected to purchase/lease another new vehicle.

Co-worker had a Volvo that required a new engine.. it got that, then a front brake hose burst, then the CV joints failed, the straw that broke the owners back was a major wiring harness failure.. It completely shorted out.

I'm not convinced spending more money on a vehicle designed and built to last a specific service life makes reasonable economic sense.

I'll continue with older, less complex vehicles that can be maintained without being forced to the dealership for electronic diagnostic servicing.

Just think about the cost of wireless keys common to many cars today that cost hundreds to thousands of USD to replace or purchasing a spare...

Then we have throttle by wire, brake by wire, steer by wire and more.. It is all moving towards driver-less cars in the not too distant future.

Bernice

Wow, what a bummer. I'm sorry to hear about your S4. My son owns one as well and I told him to buy a more practical and less expensive to service car so he can use the Audi for a pleasure car instead of everyday. Good luck !

Back