Mia for sale? Whaaaaat????

My machine shop pal just bought out another local machine shop. In the shop was a freshly rebuilt and shrinkwrapped Volkswagen 4cyl engine, I think he said it was a 1.8. Apparently the customer who had the work done abandoned the finished engine, and it is now the property of my buddy.

I know it's a looooong shot, but if you let me know the exact info of your Audi and its engine, ya never know, maybe this engine might fit your car and you can make a deal!

I have updated the listing on ebay... I lowered the "buy it now" price to $8,000. Not sure if this ups any interests or not? I guess I'm just asking that any of my new friends here pass the word along about a great car for a reasonable price?!?!? Thanks guys... :cry:

good luck

Timing is everything
I would have jumped on this .I'm looking at a total respray for my new X . You're listing poped up about a week after I got mine.
I'm trying to sell my Alfa Spider on e bay ,people don't recognize a great car when they see it
Good luck with the sale

Thank you Vincenzo! I really hope that somebody from the forum decides to take her. I don't want her going to somebody who doesn't fully appreciate the condition and care that she has been given. I know it will work out in the end. I guess I just need to be patient. We fiat folks are a strange bunch huh? I treat her like she is my child. I go to the garage, start her up and wipe the dust of her, all the while feeling like I am betraying her by trying to sell. It's more important to find a proper caretaker of her rather than just a sale. wish me luck....:sigh:

Its funny

my friends and family feel that way about me selling the Alfa , although I have the X to replace it , and I have always loved the X 1/9's since I was young - I hope the Spider goes to someone who will appreciate it
The right person is out there
good luck , hang in !

Thank you Vincenzo! I really hope that somebody from the forum decides to take her. I don't want her going to somebody who doesn't fully appreciate the condition and care that she has been given. I know it will work out in the end. I guess I just need to be patient. We fiat folks are a strange bunch huh? I treat her like she is my child. I go to the garage, start her up and wipe the dust of her, all the while feeling like I am betraying her by trying to sell. It's more important to find a proper caretaker of her rather than just a sale. wish me luck....:sigh:

Are you going to list another eBay add?

Mia

hey folks... I hope everyone is enjoying the holidays and spending quality with family and loved ones. I just wanted to chime in and let you all know that we have found a new caretaker/family for Mia. She will be moving out west to Salt Lake City, Utah and she will be parked along-side another pristine '83 X1/9 belonging to fellow xweb member Engelme. I'm very proud that Mia is staying here among the xweb family. It is ridiculously bitter sweet that I am losing the best X1/9 I have ever owned, but she is going to a wonderful home and will be looked after by somebody who will take awesome care of her. Please join me in congratulating Mike aka "Engelme"! Mike has the same passion for these cars that we all have. It is a huge relief to me that I found the right caretaker because this isn't just a sale. As Chris Layton will likely agree, Mia is special. Anyway, sorry for my blabbing. I'm stupid sad over this, but I can rest assured that she is going to the proper owner. I appreciate my new friend Engelme. Thanks.

John

Hello all....

Thank you John for the kind words! It's a privilege to be able to assume caretaker responsibilities for Mia. She's really a lovely example and has been so well cared for, first by Chris and then by you. I will do my best to keep up the tradition. Mia will have a dedicated spot in a heated garage next to Louis, my other 83 X1/9 who was restored by Matt Brannon and colleagues at MWB in 2010-2011 after having been caught in the Nashville floods. Louis was the 12th X assembled under the Bertone logo, and Mia was #1577. With 2321 cars assembled in 1983, they surely weren't on the line together. But now they will have a chance to share the same home and roads here in the intermountain west. Both these cars have had interesting histories, so we've been thinking about writing up a detailed provinience and perhaps an article for Ricambi magazine. Come spring here in Salt Lake City, Mia and Louis will be out on the mountain roads of the Wasatch front routinely. There's not a better driving experience in the western US than an X1/9 through Cottonwood canyon then along the back roads to Park City. Lots of twists and turns (like an alpine version of the dragon) with the occasional wide open straight away. Fair warning to all.....if I ever decide to part with Mia, John has first dibs. Mia is a special car, and those of us lucky enough to own fine examples like her are really just caretakers with an obligation to maintain and protect them for future enthusiasts (like John's son and mine). I know this has been a tough choice for John, and sometimes circumstances force us into things we don't want to do. I'm honored that he is willing to relinquish his car to my family, and I wish my new friend well as he gets his Audi back on the road.

Congratulations to you both

John
I'm glad you found Mia a good home , I relisted my Spider and had some interest at our weekly breakfast today
timing is everything !

Back