Monterey Car Week 2023

bruinbro

True Classic
Didn’t see any threads on this, anyone going? I’m going to bring my X to the Little Car Show and the Concorso. It would be fun meeting some of you.

Steve Kondos

Hopefully it is back up to pre-COVID levels - or close to that - by now. A lot of big automotive events are still having difficulty recovering from that.

Unfortunately I am not able to attend any out of town events while I'm caring for my mom. But in the future I plan to get back into it.

We go do car week but aren’t into spending stacks of hundred dollar bills..
Can you get into CI for a decent price?

FWIW, the day before the big Sunday at “Pebble” (got to just call it “Pebble” right?) is fun.
Free, first of all,
But even better you get to see the cars start and run as they’re unloaded.
The handlers usually know about the cars and are happy to talk about them.
Way better than just having someone stare down their nose at you, insulted that a person like you would even attempt to speak to them..

I've been going to Car Week since I was a little kid in the '80s. It was very different and much more affordable back then. I've only missed two or three years since then, will be back this year. Having family in the area helps with lodging costs.

The last time I attended a few (several?) years ago I registered my Italian bicycle (not sure if they are still doing bicycles at Italiano), for a very low fee (something like half the fee to register a car) - which included my entrance. Parked my car in the parking lot, rode the bike to the gate, then left it in the display area until I was ready to leave, and rode back to my car. Otherwise I did not feel the inflated price of a regular spectator admission was worth it anymore. I also took my RV and stayed in the camping ground (RV park) at the track for around $35 a night rather than pay for a room in town. The whole Monterey Week has gotten way out of hand, and it has turned into a "society" event - not a car event. So after over 25 years of attending regularly I've stopped.

The prices have gone up but I've heard the cost of renting the venue has also gone up to amounts that make continuing the event difficult. I was trying to find a local venue to host a car show and my unspoken response was "Um... excuse me? You want how much for your parking lot?"

I'd recommend checking here as it gets closer. People that have bought tickets are usually selling them as the event gets closer. Sometimes, it's better to get something even if it's less than what one has paid than get nothing.

Was $225 if you bring an Italian car. I believe admissions are per car, but I might be mistaken.
10 years ago, if you entered a car, motorcycle or bicycle, the entry price included admission for the driver and one passenger.

10 years ago, if you entered a car, motorcycle or bicycle, the entry price included admission for the driver and one passenger.
10 years ago and still today.

From the Concorso website:

"Includes admission for the driver and one passenger in the car at entry as well as snacks and coffee in a Driver Hospitality Tent."

Two more X's to add to that. A pal and I.
I honestly don't remember ever seeing 25+ X's anyplace but an old factory photo.
Maybe our "cute" little cars will actually be noticed amongst the $30K carbon wheel upgrades...

Back