Monterey Car Week 2023

Anyone going to the Monterey Car Week Kickoff today?

My 850 Coupe ready for Monterey! I'll be driving it around in Monterey Wed-Fri.

IMG_4098.jpeg

Then I'll be driving down both the '74 and the '86 X1/9s down to the Concorso on Saturday. Can't wait!

Anyone going to the Classic Motorsports Monterey Kick-off today?

I know you do amazing work Lalo, but how are you driving both cars down yourself?

Ha! My son (hopefully) will be driving his own car down ('86 Bertone) if he's confident enough. He's still getting the hang of driving stick. If he's not confident, then my wife will drive it down with him.

My 850 Coupe ready for Monterey! I'll be driving it around in Monterey Wed-Fri.

View attachment 76410

Then I'll be driving down both the '74 and the '86 X1/9s down to the Concorso on Saturday. Can't wait!
Wow that 850 is stellar. I'm down by Monterey and still haven't the time to take to check it out. I only had time to go to Home Depot in Seaside and see the lovely and cool traffic ripping up and down highway 1.

2 out of 4 shows done for my 76. Funny thing, if I leave the front and rear trunks and the engine lid down people just walk by with a glance. As soon as I open all the lids with the top in the front trunk people are crawling all over the car with the majority taking pictures of the top. And everyone had an X when they were in high school or college.

And everyone had an X when they were in high school or college.
Chat often brings up fond memories of their time spent with their exxe... Yet, few previous owners from that generation seek to re-live that experience today. Compare that to what has happened to the Detroit Muscle car and "exotic" car market today...

On the topic of vintage cars, one all time Fave (front moto):
Lancia Lambda_Resto.jpg

Bernice

Awesome, I love Pacific Grove! I'll be the bald nut in the blue Jaguar. (I'll be bringing some rusty Fiat steelies and a lug wrench!)

Back