MOST beautiful X1/9

View attachment 34928
I'm kind of partial to this look and that includes Braden's X which for some reason I don't have a picture of.
Here's a couple of Blake M's car.
20200724_185852.jpg

20200724_194702.jpg

Well...

I know mine is NOT the most beautiful in the world, but he is beautiful to me for so many reasons.

Alas, I cannot decide on ONE, but here are a few of my favorites and why... and in NO particular order.

1. Bob Brown's built, Jim Schultz' "Trailer Queen"

Jim & Jeanine Schultz, WY.jpg

Trailer Queen.jpg

Heavily modified but all original in its appearance. One of the highest prices paid at the time for an X1/9 and worth it. Simply FLAWLESS!

2. Ulix's yellow car, now in Germany.

Ulix in Germany.jpg

He races this car all the time Nurburgring and had a near fatal (for the car) accident many moons ago. Restored back to this level again and continues to race.

3. Brett Melacon's RHD

Brett Melacon.jpg

I can't find the "fall" photo of this car with the top off, its beautiful saddle-toned interior, flawless paint and surrounded by autumn leaves. He lives near the "Tail of the Dragon" roadway infamous for its turns and twisties going on for miles. I u/s he "exercises" his ride quite frequently.

4. Peter, in the great North East!

Pete from Canada.jpg

He constructed this show-stopping "rally look" ride a few years back that impressed the FLU gang so much it made it to the front page of their calendar.

Peter's Daughter.jpg

Whoops, another shot... if only his beautiful daughter would get out of the way...

6. Chris Wright in the land down under...

Chris Wright in OZ.JPG

Most any... probably EVERY Dallara bodied X1/9 is my favorite, this one is done exceptionally well (IMHO) and I just LOVE those wheels!

6. Wayne Wright's GM V6 Powered X1/9

Wayne'sV6.jpg

Wayne's engine2.jpg

I always said "He coulda had a V8..." and there is obviously room for it. Great engineering using a Caddy or Olds split Turbo-Hydro trans. I believe Mike Mittelstead owns this car now.

Oh... and here is a guy that not only planted a V8 in the back, but used a 429 Caddy and trans out of an El Dorado.

Caddy X1-9a.jpg
Caddy X1-9.jpg

There was once a video of this car and it was CRAZY to watch! The front end was never upgrades and the car simply would not stop. Worse yet, it wouldn't turn either!

Alas, SOME of this "modification" was well engineered, but MOST of it wasn't. Note the reservoir mounted high on the right upper side of the Targa Bar.

Attachments

• Trailer Queen.jpg
    Trailer Queen.jpg
    360.9 KB · Views: 140
Of course I am as biased as a mother with an ugly baby.... I am kind of half hoping my motor swap forces me into a Dallara or other wide-body.

View attachment 34945
I hope not, your car looks just about ideal. Clean, original form as designed by one of the best designers of sports cars and well modified. It isn’t my favorite but it is right up there.

I'm glad you all posted pics, I finally found the last styling item I need. No one has ridden as a passenger since the Rat, let alone a female with flowing silk scarf. So I must find one (scarf, not female) and attach it to the passenger seat headrest so it flows out the window.

I'm glad you all posted pics, I finally found the last styling item I need. No one has ridden as a passenger since the Rat, let alone a female with flowing silk scarf. So I must find one (scarf, not female) and attach it to the passenger seat headrest so it flows out the window.
Maybe Tony can lend you Big Bird and I'm sure MWB catalog will include a Fiat scarf soon. 🔜

I'm so envious of you guys that can actually drive your cars. It's going to be so long before mine are finished.

Dewolf, the key is to buy a sleazy X to drive around while you build a nice second one.

OR

Buy a sleazy one and drive it as a rolling project and slowly make it a nice one...my favorite.

HA!

Where the hell did you find this foto? I don't even have that? I don't recall ever having Big Bird in my car either. Geez, am I loosing it... rather, am I getting WORSE?

I guess so... Now I recall the day and found the fotos... It seems like Big Bird wanted to ride with me instead of with its owner, Mike Busman. He useta own the Yellow car pictured here that day.

NnvddSK.jpg

This is White Fang... who is my current and life-long friend...

020.JPG

(For those who probably don't know... Soupy Sales had two "dogs" on his kid's show... Black Tooth and White Fang, the name stuck originally when I had a WHITE '79 back in 2003 or so as well as this BLACK '79.)

Last edited:
Back