New power plant has arrived/parts search

Lturner7

Daily Driver
Got a 40k miles K24A for the lancia and midwest Bayless said that they're working on a swap kit like the x1/9 has.

I'm still on the hunt for 77 buttresses, monte front and rear bumpers, a bulkhead cover, quad headlight conversion bits, double bubble top and possibly a new wiring harness. Any info would be vastly appreciated.
20230204_141334.jpg

SmartSelect_20230208_210947_Facebook.jpg

Last edited:
Those are an example of some of the items I can make. Hard to see but in the front view there is a double bubble top on it. I also have the rear monte bumper mold. I need to repair the front monte mold or make a new one but I have a good part to do that from.

Attachments

• 20221210_132949.jpg
    20221210_132949.jpg
    629 KB · Views: 104
  • 20221209_192156.jpg
    20221209_192156.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 106
  • 20221107_181413.jpg
    20221107_181413.jpg
    386.5 KB · Views: 103
Those are an example of some of the items I can make. Hard to see but in the front view there is a double bubble top on it. I also have the rear monte bumper mold. I need to repair the front monte mold or make a new one but I have a good part to do that from.
Yup this is essentially what I want my car to look like, got a timeframe and price point after your shop is finished up?

Shop has been delayed due to concrete availability and now the down economy. So I set my garage up as a shop for now. I own a Semi Pro football team in Florida and we are just starting our season. After the season I will get to go home to N Georgia. This is why I am saying fall 2023. Price wise I have no idea. I need to buy supplies and see what those cost now a days.

I'm seriously thinking of doing the K swap to mine. How are you going to handle the fuel management for the 2.4? 5 or 6 speed?

Thanks,
Ralph

Got a 40k miles K24A for the lancia and midwest Bayless said that they're working on a swap kit like the x1/9 has.

I'm still on the hunt for 77 buttresses, monte front and rear bumpers, a bulkhead cover, quad headlight conversion bits, double bubble top and possibly a new wiring harness. Any info would be vastly appreciated.View attachment 70612

You have an aluminum radiator coming? Ditching the AC wire two slim aftermarket racing fans to run together.

If you do Montecarlo front bumper you'll want the turn signals and perhaps small grilles.

Doing 77 buttresses with or without the glass? Glass is a bitch to keep clean. Could make 037 scoops using your 76 buttresses if you are going to get a Stradale 037 rear bumper and all those other 037 style bits.

Why would you want a Scorpion harness?

You have an aluminum radiator coming? Ditching the AC wire two slim aftermarket racing fans to run together.

If you do Montecarlo front bumper you'll want the turn signals and perhaps small grilles.

Doing 77 buttresses with or without the glass? Glass is a bitch to keep clean. Could make 037 scoops using your 76 buttresses if you are going to get a Stradale 037 rear bumper and all those other 037 style bits.

Why would you want a Scorpion harness?
My wiring harness is all but destroyed by mice and I didnt particularly want to have the entire car custom wired. However if i have to go that route i might as well since itll likely be better anyways. I'll be doing an aluminum radiator once I get some other parts sourced and specs figured out. I like the 77 buttresses with glass considerably better but I've also considered turning mine 76s into intakes like the 037 stradale.

I'm seriously thinking of doing the K swap to mine. How are you going to handle the fuel management for the 2.4? 5 or 6 speed?

Thanks,
Ralph
I'll be doing the 6 speed assuming the swap kit allows for it, I'd like to keep the original tank since it's in great condition and would help weight distribution but if I can't get a decent fuel pump figured out for it I'll put a fuel cell in the front. I'd like to think it won't be too complicated but we'll see how it goes when we get there.

Fuel cell up front transfers the weight on rubber that does your turning and braking. You’ll already be reducing with Montecarlo front bumper and fixed headlights.

Makes working in engine compartment so much better without tank in there and hides fuel pump and wiring, filter regulator behind the luggage compartment carpet on bulkhead.

Avoid a plastic cell. They collapse after time. 15 gallon fills the floor space. Go smaller footprint to leave space for the mounting straps. There is a double and have to place holes well to avoid coolant tunnel and suspension mounting points.
58BB2F51-F623-4CB1-8BA4-C64AF0C6B588.jpeg

I'll be doing the 6 speed assuming the swap kit allows for it, I'd like to keep the original tank since it's in great condition and would help weight distribution but if I can't get a decent fuel pump figured out for it I'll put a fuel cell in the front. I'd like to think it won't be too complicated but we'll see how it goes when we get there.
With all the room back there you should be fine to leave the gas tank where it is.

You could certainly modify the tank to have a lower outlet for the FI fuel pump and avoid a surge tank. If you keep the rest of the Honda FI system it self regulates the pressure by PWM on the pump to minimize the recirculating of fuel increasing the temp of it.

Last edited:
I'll be adding some go fast bits to it as well, itbs 50° vtc cam gears and kpro 4. I hope to make around 300whp

and from your other thread

I planned on spending around 16k on the car, I can do all the bodywork/paint prep and painting. Does this number seem unrealistic?

16k on the build... fair enough ... 16k on the build and a K20 with 300RWHP ... completely unrealistic, just my 2 cents.

SteveC

and from your other thread

16k on the build... fair enough ... 16k on the build and a K20 with 300RWHP ... completely unrealistic, just my 2 cents.

SteveC
I've since upped that to 28k and am using a k24a, so far I'm less than $2500 into it though so we'll see what the total comes to

Fuel cell up front transfers the weight on rubber that does your turning and braking. You’ll already be reducing with Montecarlo front bumper and fixed headlights.

Makes working in engine compartment so much better without tank in there and hides fuel pump and wiring, filter regulator behind the luggage compartment carpet on bulkhead.

Avoid a plastic cell. They collapse after time. 15 gallon fills the floor space. Go smaller footprint to leave space for the mounting straps. There is a double and have to place holes well to avoid coolant tunnel and suspension mounting points. View attachment 70643
This seems like the best option to me, get much noise off of it or is it fairly quiet?

I am also considering this engine for my white 77 Scorpion. I may pull the 2.0 and transmission from this car, do some maintenance and reseal it and put it in my red car, which is desperate for some performance as it is a stock 1.8 with all the smog equipment. I am also on the Midwest Bayless list for the kit and am very interested as my understanding it is a bolt in and does not require any cutting to the body. Looks like I can pick up a JDM K24A2 for cheap with 60K miles on it and mate this with a TSX 6 speed. Hard to fault 205 reliable horsepower and a slick shifting transmission with the handling and looks of the Scorpion. My white car is already heavily modified, so I don't feel bad taking it to the next level. I was really excited about doing this to an X1/9 and basically bought the X that Carl now owns to do this swap in the future, but then got the Scorpion bug and doing this swap in a Scorpion seems like a much better way to achieve what I want to build with out having to engineer everything myself. I had also been considering an Alfa 164 V6 and 5 speed or a Honda J series V6, but those would be doing everything from scratch. If the Midwest Bayless kit is similar to the X1/9 kit and includes the crossmember to do the mounting of the K series engine and transmission, has CV axles for the Lancia hubs to Honda transmission and solves the shifter cable and mechanism problem, this is really just wiring, fuel lines, clutch, cooling system and gauges to get one of these running.

I like the Alfa 3.0 V6 12V, from a 164 S., And the Alfa Trans. These engines can be modified for more HP with very little work. And with bolt on parts. Pluse the car still has an Italian engine. Remember these were originally designed for the Fiat V6.

Totally agree and truthfully, I would prefer to do an Alfa V6 as it is more inline with the history of the car and keeps it all Italian. But from a practical aspect, the Honda as a bolt-in solution that has a high redline, performance and bulletproof reliability.

Back