Official Member Car Picture Thread

OK, here are my current 2 rides

BB-4RE (bought from Thomas B out of Columbus, OH)
bb4renewhomesmty0.jpg

And my prized '86 red/charcoal X as it looks today: (except for the badge)
mybertonepasssidesmnh0.jpg

I'm sorry, it really looks like THIS now...
housesnow001smlu0.jpg

Here's my '87 X, finally

Well, here she is. Jason Adamski put the "Crazy Cooter" on it when he owned it, Lol! Said he was a big Cooter fan from the Dukes of Hazard :p Seats are original condition, no rips etc., but I have the covers on them because they're a little dirty. Gonna get them deep cleaned in a week or so back to like new condition.
X1.jpg

X2.jpg

X3.jpg

X5.jpg

X6.jpg

OK...

My first X some time in the mid '80s after a particularly bad NH blizzard...

scan0026oi0.jpg

My current X...

pdr0527ae4.jpg

I cheated a bit on the Daytonas Greg

I only have the one set of Daytonas and the 78 and 86 pictures were taken about a year apart. Since I can only drive one at a time, the Daytonas have become migratory. :)

The 86 has a cloth/vinyl interior.
IM001678.jpg

I am down to 2 black Xs, I had three a couple years ago:
IM001716.jpg

Here you go Bob, nothing special, still a little dusty from sitting for 3 years. Oil pressure, oil temp, water temp, and air/fuel gauges. I went so far as to make a fiberglass skin for the glove box, eliminating it's use, but the few lbs saved were worth it to me. I must be Colin Chapman re-incarnted:)
P1030315.jpg

That's what I'm talking about!

Thanks for making this effort Angelo! :thumbsup:
In case you haven't noticed, I'm into the X gauge cluster design and have been taking notice of what you racer types are including in your gauge sets. I'm also working on some prototypes so I value your input. :clap:

Actually Chris... there are a few of us with lowered X's...

... that are essentially CRUISERS and GT cars... and the bar bumpers actually ENHANCE the lines. But that all comes under the category of OPINIONS and I try to stay away from having them...

As for YELLOW or RED "racer" types... I agree with you... Bumpers on a RACE car??? C'mon!!!

Lastly, cruising here in La-La-Land... the bar-bumpers have saved me TWICE from damage inflicted by the cellphone set, if you get my meaning!

Hey... I don't hate all BLUES... I don't even hate the medium-metallics...

But even if I had lobster every night... get what I mean?

HAHAHA

What I am really surprised at is just how many medium-metallics there are out there and ALSO surprised at just how many actually PREFER that color. Not that its BAD, 'cause color preferences, unless you need camouflage, is really just an OPINION.

I almost wish I never started this! HA!

Anyway... I was just saying the BLUE on that engine cover really works well on that car.

Let me try that again...

Looky here:

WhiteFangOK.jpg

This is his new home in Oklahoma... taken a few years back. I liked the way chrome accents worked against the white paint and thought the wheels needed a "brighter" touch. These are the same wheels as yours with 20 bucks worth of cut down plastic beauty rims, taped in place.

mel.jpg

This is "Lil Mel Simmons", useta sign on as LEM as he's dyslectic... but makes up for any perceived disabilities in many other ways. He bought White Fang along with about 3 others and took them all back to OK with him. He pops up now and again... Miss him!

BTWF.jpg

This is White Fang after his initial cosmetic restoration... with stock wheels and stock beauty rims. The brightness of the rims are what I missed when I went to the phone-dial wheels. Now I had the best of both. BTW... White Fang came from a 4 car stable of Jeff Zucker... another guy I miss... where I helped to prolong his marriage buy removing White Fang from his premises for a $1.00. I later bought some parts from him at reasonable prices but the HTR100 Sumitumos (with plenty of rubber) mounted on the phone-dial wheels he sold be for $50.00! A very generous man, even if he did haveta get them outta his garage!

Last edited:
Sweet

I agree with you Tony, the chrome does add to the overall look, I just may try that myself on the rims. I agree with you on the phonedials lacking the shine that adds that special touch. Thinking about changing out the rims one of these days when I can find a decent pair at a decent price :)

Brian

Back