Official Member Car Picture Thread

Ya, if you go snorkel, you have to go fender flares and wider tire then you better have the engine to match the look.

IMG_1253[1].JPG

You don't need an engine to match. Just put dual webers on for intake noise and a header/turbo muffler for matching effect. My motor is internally stock but no one seems to notice.

View attachment 57754

You don't need an engine to match. Just put dual webers on for intake noise and a header/turbo muffler for matching effect. My motor is internally stock but no one seems to notice.
Already have the exhaust upgrades, you mentioned. But with the built 1300, dual carbs are not needed. My carb is rejetted to match the engine mods.

As promise. The finished product. Yes I removed the fan Assembly, and left all the ducting to still funnel air from the cold air intake next to the gas filler neck as per factory . After we found with testing on the Dyno and driving with the computer hooked up to the O2 sensor. That the fan assembly was actually obstructing air at higher speeds.View attachment 57686View attachment 57687View attachment 57688View attachment 57689View attachment 57690View attachment 57691JView attachment 57692View attachment 57693
Easiest air filter change ever! Apologies if you said already, but what filter are you using (as in, what vehicle is it normally used in)?

Since I have a fuel injection engine I had to make my own air cleaner from a universal K & N filter and intake hose I cut to fit and brackets that I made to hold the filter in place. It barely fits in there but it works!

Attachments

• 20201023_121542.jpg
    20201023_121542.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 131
Since I have a fuel injection engine I had to make my own air cleaner from a universal K & N filter and intake hose I cut to fit and brackets that I made to hold the filter in place. It barely fits in there but it works!
Just FYI. The K&N R-1380 fits the AFM's input side nicely. I have had one on my 85 for many years.
FI air filter 2.JPGFI air filter 3.JPG

Nice setup.

Hello everyone,
New member here with my new to me x1/9. I’m excited to start learning about the car and getting to know you all.
View attachment 60036
Welcome! Looks like a good start.

So an early Bertone car based on the engine cover and passenger side mirror and the chrome trim or a late Fiat car (1982)? Or was the side mirror an add on to a 1980 Fiat branded one? The ‘iron cross’ wheels were sold on some special edition X’s near the end of the Fiat run, I have always liked them on the X.

There is are a couple of good threads in the Best of XWeb folder in the Workshop Forum, it may seem overwhelming but you eat an elephant a bite at a time.

We have all started with little knowledge at some point and most everyone here can offer good suggestions to help you resolve a problem so please ask, we do not mind answering the same question we have answered a hundred times here. We will do our best as a community to help you so always ask before jumping in as we have seen just about every possible problem these cars have over the years this forum and its members have been gathered.

Is the fan disconnected on the radiator or the thermostatic switch as I see a wire hanging down in front or is that something else? Scratch that, it looks like a chain up to the towing eye. I see some customized seating materials with the dark piping around the outside edges of the seams.

So welcome and it would be great to get some more pics as we love pics, they are easy to upload.

Also could you add some details about the car in your signature? It helps us to know the year, fuel injected, five speed and any major modifications which have been done so we can do a better job of helping you without first asking twenty questions.

Thanks and all the best in your quest to bring this car back onto the road!

Last edited:
Back