User1

RETIRED Admin, pm OFF
Thread to continue the "Carlo X1/9" build from Philippine X1/9 Part 1:
http://xwebforums.com/forum/index.php?threads/2718/

pict0502r.jpg

:hammer:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Mac.

I will be in Anaheim tomorrow until May 18, is there any car show or swap meet with in that period. I will appreciate any information.

Thanks.

I am now here in Days Inn Rosecrans San Diego. My family will check out at 9am to go to Las Vegas.

We will stay in Las Vegas until the 23rd then we will come back to Union City. From there, my family will fly back to the Philippines on the 28th and we will arrive in Manila on the 30th.

I have bought a set of aluminum Corvette front suspension that I will use for the X. I also bought 5/8" heim joints from Ebay that I will use for the rear end suspension. I hope that items arrive in Union City in time so I can take it back home with us. If not they will be shipped by sea which will take 45 days to arrive.

The 5/8 inch heim joints has arrived. I can take them home to the Philippines by plane. I can work on the engine/suspension sub frame first, until the Corvette front end arrive by ship.

I will be back in the Philippines by the 30th.

I may start working on the X by the middle of the week after catching-up on my business.

I just arrived last Sunday after a 17 hour tiring plane ride.

My sleeping pattern is not yet regular, so I am still very tired during the day.

I have started to do the receptacles for the 5/8" heim joints. I still don't have photos of it. That is all 16 pieces of 1" diameter x 2.5" long round bar. Each bored to 9/16" and hand-tapped with 5/8" fine threads.

Welcome Home... I mean... BACK...

Is that an AMX?

Tell us more! And that Vette... a '70 LT88 BBC (?) with big n' littles...

Some collection!

The Orange car is a 70 Javelin

The Yellow is a 70 Mustang Sportsroof with 302

The Vette is a 72 Ttop with a potent 350 and 4 speed manual.

The Chevelle is the rare 70 model that I transplanted with a 454 and th400.

This my 69 Fastback that I lowered and used 17 inch wheels. The rear end is a home made 4 link suspension with 9 inch diffferential
405237078_373824be8e.jpg

The 302 engine of the 69. I replaced the heads with heads from a 351 Cleveland and fabricated my own intake manifold.
391856576_e6efc0ad85.jpg

The 69 Fastback, the 74 Camaro(Carlo's Bumblebee), 69 Camaro with 427 engine and the 70 Chevelle with a 454.
2295023833_30387e48d2.jpg

My 72 Javelin AMX with 304.
2295790218_2fa36ae6a1.jpg

Some favor... all nicework!

The Vette carries all the earmarks of a BBC though, hood, sidepipes, etc.

I was vascillating about the Javelin... it looked kinda short in Orange, but not short enough I guess to be an AMX. One sees so few of these cars.

Back to the X.

It is now raining cats and dogs here in the Philippines, so we are a bit behind schedule on the X.

I had time to construct a table where the engine and the subframe will be set-up.

gg.jpg

ggg.jpg

And the tubular subframe being started.

gggg.jpg

It is taking a lot longer time to set-up the rear sub-frame but we did have some work done. All engine mounts are custom made.

The upper tubular sub-frame now mocked-up.
h.jpg

Pulley side engine mount.
hhh.jpg

Tranny side engine mount.
hhhh.jpg

Aft/rear engine mount.
hh.jpg

the eleanor is a work of art

can't wait to see your progress on the X. Love the headlight area bodywork. Based on the lighting setup guess your friend did too.
Paul

The subframe is moving really slow because I have to make some errands and I need to oversee some repairs in our ricemill.

Anyway here is what we have done lately.

Completed the fore/front engine mount with subframe bracing.
i.jpg

Rear subframe bracing.
i1.jpg

Completed the transmission mount.
ii.jpg

The completed fore engine mount.
iii.jpg

Back