Philippine X1/9 Part 2

Yes it is indeed a 4AGZE.

But I am planning to go one step further, that is adding a parallel turbo system to the supercharger. I am still thinking about how to go about it without the use of computers. I hope i can find a way to do it, since the rear end is almost done.

Last edited:
Sept 26 Flood

This was the worst flood I ever saw in my life.

Water started to rise at about 6am then receded at about 11:30am. Giving me the false confidence that the worse is over. So I tried to take a nap and woke up at about 1:30pm.

The flood water was rising really fast, so I was able to remove the cars and the sala set to higher ground. But the flood waters kept on coming and reached its highest level at about 10pm. By that time all my vehicles were in waist-deep water....

What can I do? There is no other higher ground to place them .

My wife's rice was 2 stack under water. This is really bad.

Our house is a mess, all appliances were carried to the 2nd floor, some of my speakers went underwater, cause I did not anticipate the flood to rise this high.

So much loss, pero I still thank God that my wife and my children are all ok. We can always earn the material things, but love ones cannot be replaced.

Then at about 4am, we were jolted by an explosion. A firework factory went on fire. Wet fireworks has spontaneous combustion. Amid the flood were a fireworks display in the very early moring. Such irony. Good thing was the factory and everybody around it was already away because 6 feet of water.

We are now ok, just a lot of cleaning. Garaged has been cleaned, the engines will be drained, flushed with diesel, run the oul pump by electric drill through the distributor. Then filled with oil again. Matic tranny will be drained and filled up with fresh ATF. Brakes will be cleaned. Carpet, door siding and chairs will be stripped off and cleaned. All nooks and cranks will be washed, sprayed with WD40. Then replaced. Then will be waxed and Armor all.

Thanks guys.

Wow! So glad to hear you and yours are safe and sound. Good luck and all the best to you.

Last edited:
My thoughts and prayers are with you!

I was very worried for you as I have many friends in Manila ( Brem Marines salt water tropical fish ) and while storms are a common occurance my God nothing such as devastating as this...

They are all safe too but the damage and clean up is tremendous.

Best wishes Deocon :grouphug:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQA0XJ7F4CE"]YouTube - philippines flood 140 dead september 2009 cnn x264[/ame]

Commiserations.

Good to hear your family is all OK. Hopefully everyone in your community is also OK.

Based on your posts, I'm sure the cars will all be OK in the end.

Family first!

Sad news on the flood deocon1. However, it is excellent news that the family are all alive and well. You are 100% correct, material things can be replaced.

Good luck and I will think good thoughts for you and your family.

Our best wishes!

And always family first..

extrasmallrbrbadgezv7.jpg

Ricardo
X19/79
www.trazia.com/x19

Thanks God for the family

I admire your persistance, the way you start salvaging operations right after the flood, planning and executing.
What a mess.
Cheer up

Yo Pare!

Tried to PM you....where are you located? I'm in Ortigas/Makati through Monday (20/11 - 23/11), then again from 27/11 - 29/11. Would love to meet you, check out your rides and throw back some San Miguel if you're around.

Here's my cell: 09395841210

Rudy

Sorry guys for the very long delay. I hope to resume the work on Carlo's X by the middle of January. I just restore "normalcy" after the devastation brought about by the cataclysmic flood of September 26.

Glad to hear back from you

My prayers are still with you and the people effected by that weather. What was to total damage done now that you have had time to look at the damage?

Odie

The X was not damage except that it got really submerged in waist-deep water. The engine was still off the car and on a jig so water did not get to it.

The damage was heavy on my source of income, so I had to restore order in the plant. Now everything is ok. And i may start work by middle of January.

Thanks for the prayers autox19, prayers was what makes us strong and determined to come back.

Happy New Year to all.

Back