Random question for the xweb community...

unemployed this second, but I'm going to start working at a factory making various types of automotive wiring & cables at the end of the month :woot:

House husband

Medically retired Army (82nd Airborne and 514th Signal, both at Ft. Bragg). Crashed a motocross bike and broke my hip. Used my GI Bill money to get my BA in Business Administration and will be going back to school in the spring for my MBA. My wife already has her masters degree and works for DOD. We have a 3 year old son and a daughter on the way.

In a nutshell, house husband. :laugh:

Assembly manager at a company that produces window/door hardware (Truth Hardware). Biggest perk is access to sorts of metal working machinery.

Software engneer

Seem to remember this topic from a few years back - someone find it in archives?

In the day I sleep...

At night I work for Union Pacific Railroad as a Train Dispatcher, trying my best to convince train crews to act on the the signals I line up for them!!! (Seriously... I think they'd just sit there and look at the lights if no one asked them if they were going to 'pull on em'!!!)

I've been working midnights almost 100% since 1991... so I'm pretty much permanently in vampire mode.

Union carpenter,
29 years.

I install t-bar ceilings and custom wall or sound panels. Can be interesting, as when we did a studio in Pasadena for a very famous artist. Can be hectic, as when I ran the Staple Center with over 50 guys.

Pretty Sneaky!!!

Hey, I just noticed..... What does wrxdrew do for a day job?
I mean you started this thread and all!!!!

Designer

I am an industrial or product designer. I design furniture for use in healthcare and work for the largest furniture maker in the world.

I used to create Dilbertville for those sad souls who must work in offices (for the same manufacturer).

Warehouseperson

I work for Canadian Tire in their distribution center here. Job varies from day to day, none of it very exciting.

Old time IT d00d

I am a utility infielder in the IT business. Over the last 25 years I been involved in the design, development, implementation and support of a large software application used by telephone companies.

We are currently winding down operations as the phone business has changed so dramatically over the years due to automation. We have renamed the project "Death Spiral" :dance:

IT infrastructure Senior Tech. analyst

I'm a senior technical analyst in IT for the Jean Coutu Group (PJC).
It's a pharmacy business leader in Quebec.

My day to day is support the infrastructure, find solutions for new business need.
My day is to short and many new challenge.:nod:

Back