Random question for the xweb community...

I currently work for an office supply store as the Tech Manager, but I'm hoping to work for the State Patrol soon. keep your fingers crossed I get a call! LOL

Computer Technician/ Electronics Mechanic

I was a Radar Electronics Tech in the Navy for almost 10 years, then became a Computer Technician. I've been doing that for 15 years or so.

Software engineering, Food industry.

Specifically, within industrial marking, (date coding) track and trace.
Job requires a lot of travel. Too much actually... :cool:
Former trade was electronics engineering, PCB design.
Still a cog in the industrial machine. :wink2:

Project Manager

in the energy efficiency and renewable energy business. I've been doing this about 35 years now and my mission is to kick OPEC and bumbling utilities in the seat of the pants one project at a time.

currently

I own a limo co. Just started it 2 years ago > I live next to one of the wealthiest communities in the country who use the service allot. yes I get paid to drive. Before that I owned a stock brokerage co. and before that I was an industrial real estate broker. I get bored and chnage professions every 10 years

Volcanologist/Planetary Scientist

What I like about these automotive forums is the broad spectrum of folks. It helps keep your feet on the ground and out of the academic.

Software consultant

for the land line phone industry, as of late. Working on billing and plant (cabling schema) applications on an IBM iSeries hardware platform. Been working in the phone industry since about 1992. Before that, warehousing/distribution/inventory applications for major retailers. Been contracting since 1990, have worked in the industry since 1981. Came up through data entry and then computer operations, taught myself to program on DEC VAX's using FORTRAN in the early 80's.

JimD, I feel your pain. What LEC do you work for? My current client is Consolidated Communications, based out of Conroe TX and Mattoon, IL (not far from you). We also have properties in PA. I specialize in data conversion, when we acquire a new company, my job is to get their data on our platform.

Pete

Director, Sales & Marketing for...

Trivinci Systems, LLC http://trivinci.com/team

Our most visible business/product is the Race-Keeper video data logger. Race-Keeper is the standard video data logger used in the SCCA World Challenge, Dodge Viper Cup, the European Formula Two Series and the Formula BMW Series. Its also used by autocrossers, club racers, pro rally teams and pro racing teams. We have a version used for rowing and sail boats as well as the transportation (and other) industries.

http://www.race-keeper.com/

A quick photo of my office:

SAM_0376.jpg

I work for HP

JimD, I feel your pain. What LEC do you work for? My current client is Consolidated Communications, based out of Conroe TX and Mattoon, IL (not far from you).

Pete

Hi Pete, I am not employed by a LEC. I work for HP currently. I started with McDonnell-Douglas Automation in 1985, that company was sold to EDS in 1991 and then EDS was sold to HP in 2008. We have installed our product all over the globe over the 25 years... well... I guess more like from 1985-2005 we installed... we have done a lot more shutting down over the last 5. We had a staff of 135 people about 10 years ago. There are 7 of us left. Luckily, I am one of those 7. :woot:

Ahhh... Fortran on the VAX. We still have customers running our old Fortran based application on VAX-VMS emulators that run on Wintel platforms. Crazy stuff. We rewrote the whole package in C/C++ as a client/server app in the mid 90s, buy I guess some customers fear change. ;)

We have Consolidated as a client currently, but I believe that relationship will end with the close of the year.

Drone

Have always been in the creative fields; Photographer, digital systems analyst, programmer/producer for multi-media (web, interactive, etc.). Since leaving the corporate world; mostly semi-retired, chase money when I can doing tasks that utilize my varied skill sets; Install security devices and assist close friend managing her medical and aesthetic services offices.

Am currently building various buildings on my property so I can house my X when and if it ever gets out of my 'so called' friends shop.

Lastly, growing old :)

Wow, small world

We have Consolidated as a client currently, but I believe that relationship will end with the close of the year.

What is the name of your company?

I know right now we are surviving by adapting. DSL and digital TV services are keeping us afloat (kind of). The phone lines aren't making us money anymore, that's for sure...

Pete

run a race/ rally workshop , building and maintaining other peoples toys
beats having a real job
way to many weekends away tho
cheers
pete

Back