Random question for the xweb community...

Pharmacist

Hence Rx19...
RX1903b.jpeg

I own a road construction business, an asphalt technology business, and a dust control business (keep dust down on gravel roads, rail yards, gravel pits etc.)

Paul

Recording tech for UCLA's Herb Alpert School of music. My co-worker and I record around 300 concerts a year, mostly student recitals and faculty concerts, with a few outside projects to keep us honest.

FBI Special Agent

Work out of the Philadelphia Division, also a FBI Firearms Instructor and on the Philadelphia Division FBI SWAT team. My part time job is I'm a Special Forces officer for a National Guard unit that works with other Special Operations forces all over the world. So, yes, I guess I like a good adrenaline rush.
Dave

Retired

Design Engineer and Audio Engineer. I currently work as a Courier to kill time and keep my wife from spending my retirement.....heck I'm only 51.....

Thanks Pete!

I love it too! Every time I show up at an autocross my X puts all the other cars to shame. It sticks out in a crowd but in a good way. Kind of like seeing a Porche 911 in a row of traffic.

Thanks for the props!

Wow......

Such a wide spectrum of jobs......I'm impressed.:woot:

I started out my employment life at the young age of 18, as an Aviation Mechanic with the Canadian Air Force. This was my life for 27 years. During that time I upgraded into a Flight Engineer position and was a Tactical Helicopter Crewmember for a few years until my retirement.

After retirement, my expertise with Gas Turbines allowed me the opportunity to take on some contract work in the Industrial Aeroderivative Gas Turbine field, as an Overhaul Technician. Very cool work, but very demanding on this old body.:hmm:

I had also re-trained as an A+ Certified Computer Technician and took on a job as a Computer Tech. I tell my kids that I didn't know what I wanted to do when I grew up, because I also took on a few jobs in the Automotive field for a couple of years. (parts, service tech and advisor) Both of these are now hobbies.....but that's another thread.

Lately though, I taught at a Military Training facility. This was my most interesting job as I was teaching CF-18 Mechanics how to Service and Repair F-18's......as a Civilian!!!!!:dance:

But by far the best is my present job. I'm back turning wrenches, but this time on the Israeli built Heron UAV, for a Canadian company, under contract to the Canadian and Australian Defence Forces, in Kandahar, Afghanistan. Keeping the eyes in the sky for our boys on the ground.:woot:

It isn't easy, but certainly rewarding.

Pencil pusher for the US army

I was trained as a heavy wheel mechanic for the Army. but they found out I have good computer skills. So, I work in an office now and push paper all day. Not a bad job for a retiring soldier in a Yr. (deploying to Afgan in OCT)

11 year Marine Veteran. Thanks to a back injury, I'm out and currently working for a major office supply store, hoping that I get my own store within the next couple weeks.

Work out of the Philadelphia Division, also a FBI Firearms Instructor and on the Philadelphia Division FBI SWAT team. My part time job is I'm a Special Forces officer for a National Guard unit that works with other Special Operations forces all over the world. So, yes, I guess I like a good adrenaline rush.
Dave

Remind me not to be on your bad side. One would guess your a hell of a good shot.

Jeweler

I design (CAD,using Rhino with Matrix) and manufacture jewelry (casting, laser welding, soldering, processing and setting).

Technical Solution Manager...

...for Motor Coach Industries, AKA field service rep. One of the main things I do is troubleshoot electrical issues on new coaches. I also train technicians on the new coaches their company purchases and help engine dealers with the coach electrical system when they are diagnosing an engine complaint. I like it because I stay current with the technology being used in trucks and busses today. My territory is AL, MS, LA, and AR. Before MCI I was a diesel mechanic mostly working for fleet companies like Ryder and Averitt Express.

J4500.jpg

Design Engineer

I design machinery for making cable, mostly microwave cable.
I was a machinist before I went back to school.

With my early Alzheimer's,

I can't remember if I responded to the question before. Anyway, I am a Project Manager for Chevron Energy Solutions (a very small division of the mothership). I've been in the energy efficiency and renewable energy business for about 35 years now. My mission all along has to been to kick OPEC in the a$$ one project at a time, while helping customers reduce energy and maintenance costs, and fixing design or installation problems at the same time.

TV news cameraman with Canadian Broadcasting Corp.

Have been with the CBC for the last 33 years; spent six years on the road (mostly planes) covering Canadian news for "The National":nuts:.
- David Skinner, Fredericton, New Brunswick.

Back