Random question for the xweb community...

I guess it's my turn.

I'm a tech support engineer for laboratory diagnostic analyzers/equipment working for Siemens.

Self employed

we build interior tent packages for the corporate sponsors of the PGA Tour. We also handle all onsite construction for the tournaments the PGA itself holds. Here's a pic of what we build:
interior+package.JPG

Director of Education

I had a similar background as Jim M. Made it also to the VP for IT at the University of Oregon.

I quite it all to become a teacher about two years ago and have since then been promoted to the director of education. Now I oversee a single campus with nine different programs and over 600 students.

The exciting part for me is this represents the first time I have actually had a job outside of the standard IT field in 25+ years.

Eric Armstrong

Re DC-3

aka Dakota, a big sign at one of the Israeli Air Force bases reads:
The only replacement for a DAKOTA is another DAKOTA.

Customer service supervisor at IKEA, part time (mostly returning unwanted products and calming down angry customers)

Studying Industrial Design and Management at Uni full time

Wow I feel like a loser

Forklift operator 23 years at a manufactured housing plant. Last five years (more work and less pay) but at least i have a job i guess.

I am with Chris on this one artz!

Forklift operator 23 years at a manufactured housing plant. Last five years (more work and less pay) but at least i have a job i guess.

Every "workin' for the man" job is the same. We are in it for a purely mercenary reason. The pay. :2c: I tell my kids that a job is just what you have to do to get the money to fund the things you want to do.

I drove fork lifts in a large warehouse pretty much all through college. I enjoyed that job a lot more than anything I have done since.

I am a Tool & Die Maker/Mold Maker

Most of my experiance is in the machine shop industry. I currently manage a plastic and rubber mold repair machine shop along with an assembly department consisting of about 40 employees.

I love the machine shop aspect of my job. It has allowed me to keep my X1/9 hobby cost to a minimum. I can make or alter(lighten) just about anything I can get in a machine.:woot:

I work in a print shop as a press helper, completely dead end. This is hopefully temporary while I decide what I want to be when I grow up. I'm leaning towards engineering right now, I've got the brains for it I just need to find the work ethic somewhere.

My Job

California Highway Patrolman (20+ years). Before that, Army Helo Pilot. Before that, Rockwell Int'l Lab Tech. Before that, USAF Lab Tech.
I (currently) have secondary employment as a motorcycle cameraman at sporting events and ride motorcycles for several sporting Co's, to include test riding for BMW. Pretty much dream stuff...I get paid to drive/ride other folks stuff, and my regular job requires me to be in tripple digits regularly.
Check Six.

off topic

i really like those wheels on your car, they look hot with the yellow paint

sorry for thread stealing
cheers
pete

Engineer

I work for the MBTA, the public transportation authority in Boston, MA.

Actually, not so much as an engineer for Subway Operations, but more like a jack of all trades, master of none...

Trained as a design engineer, but now mostly mechanical stuff supporting subway cars.

One of the more interesting projects I worked on was engineering the restoration of our PCC fleet. Starting in 1999, we took 10 PCC Trolleys that were built during WW2 and fully restored them as they were originally built. They are still in service today.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

No I never had a class with Stan but many of my friends did. I did have Harry Bradley and Brian Fitzpatrick. I know Bradley was part of the old guard, but as a recent grad (2006) I don't know how many instructors from 1992 were still around. As a product guy did you know Norm Schureman? Did you hear about what happened to him?

Good old Harry. I swear he could draw better with his crutch tip or over his shoulder, backwards while talking a mile a minute than I could at the time I took his class in first term (or was it second? Must have been second, Freeman Thomas third term and OK Ervin fourth so Harry was second). I took most of the Trans electives for aero (Cowley/Lissaman) and engineering (Weiss) despite being a slacker and not going the Trans route.

I had Norm's Dad as my plastics instructor. Great guys both of them. Just an awful end, truly the saddest thing. What a shame and such a tragedy over who knows what was going through that man's mind. His dad was amazing, no wonder his son was such a great teacher.

my day job is...

Tool room custodian for Automeca Technical College in Bayamon PR...taking care of the tool and shop equipment (recently i got my license as an Automotive technician specializing in car electrics)...part time musician and music teacher...

Senior IT Systems Engineer...

Mostly in Microsoft centric environments, working with physical servers, server applications, virtualizations and medium volume storage arrays in datacenters. Recently started work for a Re-insurance company.

Back