984910A8-51B7-4129-A59D-95F49449D40A.png
    113.7 KB · Views: 105
  • FAC248E9-7BE2-430F-962F-084BFC0A0399.jpeg
    FAC248E9-7BE2-430F-962F-084BFC0A0399.jpeg
    155.8 KB · Views: 96
  • F5F250B6-8B97-4641-BC53-C7480813F1F7.png
    F5F250B6-8B97-4641-BC53-C7480813F1F7.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 102
If anyone would like to make same wheel for Yourself let me know, will give drawings for lasercutting and some tips.
16” wheels with 350mm is perfect.
And 350mm is nearly perfect to see whole instrument cluster and not too big like on old Jaguars :D

This was first time that I drive this car without any tension because steering is more precise and easier and don’t have to bow my head to see speedo.
And some photos where some random people made spy photos
234852B4-CFEB-4EE4-A8E0-015C4765B527.jpeg
AA30C1A4-70B9-4F20-90B7-75C082B63DFC.jpeg
33E3C4EF-0ECE-4FC6-BAC5-2AC5A0273508.jpeg

I agree, a larger steering wheel is a benefit on the X. Not only for better visibility of the instrument cluster, but for better steering.

second is Bjorn’s - before (stock calculated UT) and after with 1.6 bar
I like your comparison tables. Your calculated values are not far away from reality as per diagram below. Obviously a bigger turbo moves the power curves up but also to the right. Unfortunately I never drove the car with stock UT engine so I cannot compare torque at low rpm. But compared to my NA 1500 (estimated 100hp) there is a huge improvement in performance over the whole rpm band, and not much turbo lag.
Screenshot_2021-03-09-09-33-34-693.jpeg

About this was discussion then
Well that isn't and never was saying that the fact that the top of the piston is flat is a problem,

the problem I see, is that by machining the piston the way you did, you effectively opened the SQ clearance up very wide, negating any squish / quench effects.

This is not due to the piston crown shape at all... but due to the SQ clearance being large because you have lowered the compression height of the piston, just like using a thick head gasket or a spacer plate, not the most effective way to do it...more effective would have been to machine a dish in the piston centre while keeping the compression height and region that provides SQ with a tight clearance, rather like how Fiat chose to do it in the UnoT.

SteveC

Last edited:
If anyone would like to make same wheel for Yourself let me know, will give drawings for lasercutting and some tips.
16” wheels with 350mm is perfect.
And 350mm is nearly perfect to see whole instrument cluster and not too big like on old Jaguars :D

This was first time that I drive this car without any tension because steering is more precise and easier and don’t have to bow my head to see speedo.
And some photos where some random people made spy photos

Cool design - looks kinda like a truck wheel in size though - must be camera distortion if that is only 350mm :D - I don't have enough legroom underneath the stock wheel for easy I/O - so I went with smaller 330mm.

Cool design - looks kinda like a truck wheel in size though - must be camera distortion if that is only 350mm :D - I don't have enough legroom underneath the stock wheel for easy I/O - so I went with smaller 330mm.
It’s less than 350 OD, after upholstering it will be 350.
Today noticed that my hands hits legs a bit now :D but only a little

Last edited:
Several people have raised the position of the steering wheel by adding spacers to the rear two mounting bolts for the column. That tilts the column and raises the wheel. The size of the spacers determines the amount of rise. Usually just a small change is enough to get the needed clearance under the wheel. It also makes it easier to see the gauges.

Several people have raised the position of the steering wheel by adding spacers to the rear two mounting bolts for the column. That tilts the column and raises the wheel. The size of the spacers determines the amount of rise. Usually just a small change is enough to get the needed clearance under the wheel. It also makes it easier to see the gauges.

I had to do that with the stock Bertone wheel -I left the shims in with the smaller wheel, because it does improve the gauge visibility based on my height/seating position.

Don’t be aware of waterpump with plastic impeller, but be aware of old pump, this one leaked some plastic particles into engine, and they weren’t from impeller.
A15D4819-0093-4EEA-AC13-43346823CE54.jpeg

Last method to stitch it is very annoying. Will finish tomorrow :D
Would be easier and faster to buy better thread and start over.

(It will be pulled tighter than in photo)
761F1B6A-9DD4-49E9-9249-14A967B86FA7.jpeg

Last method to stitch it is very annoying. Will finish tomorrow :D
Would be easier and faster to buy better thread and start over.

(It will be pulled tighter than in photo)
View attachment 44521
I agree, it sounds like the thread is the problem. Otherwise the leather would be tearing open the little holes before the thread would break. ;) But I know you'll get it done, you always do. :)

One guy asked is it 914 Porsche yesterday.
Another one asked is it Lancia, he couldn’t tell what model he is thinking of, but from rallying, I guess he meant stratos. That’s the closest guess so far.

Steering wheel still not finished

I was sad today, because this was first time after fine tuning when have went outside of the citu >60kmh. Absolutely no bangs NONE 🥺 will have to ask electrician to put them back. Tuner was a bit conservative about bangs.

28D3E138-1D81-4E9E-A70E-86F22CC9E29A.jpeg

Had ~50kg passenger, and actually it felt not like 150hp in ~820kg car, absolutely not, wasn’t impressed on 0-100. Also tires (r13 145/70 iirc with studs) didn’t spool out on acceleration, maybe I didn’t press pedal in the floor 🤷‍♂️

But later in the evening with ~80kg passenger :D it felt that was running better and also tires spooled out on acceleration.

At fine tuning detonation sensor wasn’t working, so tuner put his to tune and said that after I put new one I need to meet him and he will do some adjustments, I don’t know what, or is there some power cut off till he make these adjustments, have no idea.

But turbo spools up immediately, instant throttle response.

Will try to do some more accelerations tomorrow 😅

*I have put new detonation sensor, but tuner is hard to reach

Back