Silly question - luggage rack attachment

Yes, I do. I even remember seeing this in Road & Track back in the day. Again, once you remove the rack and screw the knobs back on it looks like just some sort of fancy mid-engine hood hardware. But when you know you might have a box or suitcase, it goes back on with no muss or fuss.

Attachments

• 20230506_044955.jpg
    20230506_044955.jpg
    373.8 KB · Views: 23
If anyone needs a luggage rack, I have one that's complete other than one of the mounting feet/bolts, that I'll willingly send for the price of shipping.

there's a recent thread here:

there's a recent thread here:
I have been watching that thread too but was interested in this.
Amco Accessories Top.jpg

From Larry's post.
Looks like it has poppers on the roll bar. Just curious about of the time aftermarket accessories. I never heard of this one before

Can we please stop talking about luggage racks. They're one of the biggest offenses of the '80's, next to "bras". Though luggage racks I'm sure go way further back than the 80's. My PTSD is getting triggered here. I recall back in the 80's an acquaintance bought a brand new X1/9 and promptly drilled holes in the trunk lid to proudly install his luggage rack. Ugh.

They were putting luggage racks on X1/9s as soon as they came out. I was fortunate to find a new one that had not been molested by a dealer yet with luggage racks, poor sounding stereo systems, and low quality alloy wheels. My house mate bought one a month or so later but he had to settle for one with all that junk on it. The 74s became real scarce once potential buyers saw what the 75s looked like.

Back