The Abarth X1/9 Prototipo/Stradale Thread

Car is 90% finished just working out all the bugs in the car with the k20 as well
I have moulds for snorkel in many different configurations

Drop Brayden an email - I think he wants to work out a production deal, he was looking for a mold / mold maker, I think.

I like the smooth lines of your snorkel more than the FAZA version.

IMG_8050.JPG

You guys trying to make me feel bad about my FAZA snorkel?
That silly things gets constant comments from everyone, even non car people.

The front panel on the FAZA snorkel has a raised lip all the way around since it was a separate piece and overlaps the sides of the snorkel to make a lap joint. I don't know how Abarth made theirs to look like a single piece.

You guys trying to make me feel bad about my FAZA snorkel?
Not at all. Believe me if I had any of them I'd be happy.

"The front panel on the FAZA snorkel has a raised lip all the way around since it was a separate piece and overlaps the sides of the snorkel to make a lap joint." I wondered why it had that lip.

There was a time where the Faza stuff were just lookalike Abarth stuff. Not for the purists. But now, 40 years later, the Faza stuff got their own value, different than Abarth, but with their own vintage rights.

I'm waiting for slotted mags to become the "in thing" again
Actually they apparently are with the "hot rod" crowd. Seems going 'period correct' with 60's style builds is gaining more interest. We're talking about flat-head V8 powered roadsters, etc. Maybe the Rat X is due for a "American style" makeover with a hot rod/muscle car look? o_O

Back