Total overhaul project of an 1980 X1

I've learned not to trust a "rebuilt" engine or gearbox without knowing who did it. When I bought my rebuilt engine I got the name and number of the guy that did it. It turned out to be a guy that normally rebuild Porche racing engines with a good resume.
However, as you may know the gearbox with unknown "but should be ok" status was a different story. That box locked up with some internal parts missing and some parts broken.
Let's hope for the best.

removed all paint from the Trunk-lid, the Frunk-lid and the doors.
Didnt bother to do anything inside the doors though, to complicated.
20220718_184037.jpg

Now I have reache a Milestone, sort of, applied body-coating on the door sills and all other parts in the same height.
Will turn it around tomorrow and start with the window frame and the right-hand front wing. After that I will do some cosmetic work inside the Frunk and the engine compartment (tidy up the weldings).
After that, in a week or two, its time for the filler primer (do you call it that?).
Then its going down from the rotos, and I will attend the A-pilars.

Last thursday I was supposed to take the chassis down from the rotisseri, well, I fitted the dolly to the underside, and started to remove the bolts.
But, sometimes one forgets the thing above the neck at home (it was probably still sleeping)😳, and Mr murphy is there, or rather Mr O'Toole.
Anyway, there were only 3 small dents that can be fixed with some filler.

Attachments

• 20230520_095626.jpg
    20230520_095626.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 99
  • 20230520_095640.jpg
    20230520_095640.jpg
    258.7 KB · Views: 99
Back