value on our cars...

I guess it blew on the way home from work a couple weeks ga. Ran fine all the way home, next day started up and had a mean miss. After checkind a few things found I blew the head gasket. Now Im taking it apart and learning about the alfa 3 liter v6. Kinda interesting motor.

Expensive, yes Im learning that. Such a joy to drive though. And theres not one on every corner. Ive yet to see another while Im driving. Fot that matter, Ive never seen a spider while driving my spider, and never seen an x while driving that either.

I hate it when I see another one

On the way home two weeks ago I saw a very nice X19 two lanes over on the freeway. Bummer, almost had to sell mine. I have a 1993 Defender 110 also and occaisionally see another. Not very happy when that happens. Glad I don't have a Spider as I see one regularly on the way to work.
Bob T.

Alfa Romeo V6 used initially (USA) in the GTV-6, 164, Verede/Milano..

It's one of the better V6 designed and built from that era. If you ever get to experience a good example, you would understand why. It's a very sweet engine in many, many ways..

When Alfa Romeo stopped production of this engine, Cosworth wanted to purchase the production line and rights to continue produce it.. as a race engine... It's really that good...

aka PITA & expensive... still a cool and sweet sounding motor. Good luck

A friend of mine here in TX got his running last month

And we took a ride in it. Scary fast!:shock::shock::shock: Still very rough, he's got a lot of finish work ahead of him, but the mechanicals are all there.

Pete

Back